Wednesday, February 20, 2013

A Little Sickly

I have been a little under the weather these past couple of days, so today I thought I'd share

7 Tips if you catch a cold

  • Drink lots of fluids. Water, juice, clear broth or warm lemon water are all good choices. They help replace fluids lost during mucus production or fever. Avoid alcohol and caffeine, which can cause dehydration.
  • Grandma was right. Generations of parents have ladled chicken soup into their sick children’s mouths. Now scientists have put chicken soup to the test, discovering that it does seem to help relieve cold and flu.
  • Go to your room! If possible, stay home from work (I did) if you have a fever or a bad cough, or are drowsy after the medications. This will give you a chance to rest as well as reduce the chances that you’ll infect others.
  • Adjust temperature & humidity. Keep your room warmer, but not overheated. If the air is dry, a cool-mist humidifier or vaporizer can moisten the air and help ease congestion and coughing.
  • Try a neti pot. To help relieve nasal congestion, rinse your nose (I know this sounds weird, but it really helps) with warm saline solution, meaning salt water. Be sure to use distilled or filtered water, not tap.
  • Vitamin C & Echinacea. The jury is still out, but it appears taking vitamin C & Echinacea at the onset of a cold may shorten the duration of symptoms. As with all of these tips, check with your doctor.
  • Apply some VapoRub. This is my secret go-to treatment when all else fails. Did your mom use it on you, too? It brings back memories of her TLC… and really helps improve my breathing and reduce my coughs.
Day 26:
Breakfast: egg and turkey casserole
Lunch: Applebee's roma chicken and shrimp (under550menu)
Dinner: broccoli and cheese soup

Day 27:
Breakfast: egg and turkey casserole                                 
Snack: pistachios
Lunch: broccoli and cheese soup
Dinner: me and the bf went and had dinner at Boston Pizzeria where I had a salad with lettuce and mozzarella cheese with hot sauce as dressing and then grilled chicken with marinara sauce with mixed veggies.
Dessert: I had a fugdesicle and I put my finger in Shauns cheesecake just to try a little taste I couldn't resist :)

51days

No comments:

Post a Comment