Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Skinny Turtles

If you are like me, sometimes you just want something sweet. Not all the time and not too sweet but something to hit the spot. Well do I have a treat today!

What you will need
3 tablespoons of chocolate chips (make sure they are at least 70% cocoa)
Almonds ( I initially had 16 but I really only used 8 because I cut them up into small pieces
 


Start by chopping up your almonds into small pieces.
 

 
Then put your chocolate chips in a microwavable bowl and heat them for 45 seconds. Check and see if the are melted (because they will burn) and then if not completely melted put back in for 10 to 15 seconds.
 


Then on a piece of wax paper, with a spoon, pour quarter sized circles with the chocolate. ( It will make 9), and then add your almonds.
 


Then you can let sit out for about an hour, or until they are hardened, or you can sit them in the fridge for quicker results. I got inpatient to try these yummy looking treats and put them in the fridge.
 
 
After the chocolate has hardened. Get ready for something delicious!
 




 
 Now since I have gotten older I don't have much of a sweet tooth anymore so I just ate one and that was enough for me.
 
So then I packaged it up so I can have some for later.
 

 
Now the most exciting thing about these Skinny Turtles they have less than 30 calories each... Take that Nestle Turtles, which have 80 calories each!

Make sure you check out tomorrow for my step by step recipe for Skinny Hold Me Over Bars.

 
 
Day 92:
Breakfast: 2 eggs with skim mozzarella cheese and a squirt of sugar free syrup and a banana
Snack: skim mozzarella stick
Lunch: grilled chicken salad with parm cheese and balsamic vinaigrette
Snack: sunflower seeds
Dinner: went to a mexican restaurant and shared fajitas with the bf. I only had the meat in veggies. Which is so tough because I could live on the chips and salsa, rice and beans
Dessert: 1 skinny turtle and a bite of energy bars to try
 
Day 30 no diet mountain dew
 
31 days till ultimate goal
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment