Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Skinny Me Pimento Cheese

I wanted to start off by sharing my dinner last night. I know I have shared this before but I just can't get enough of it.

 
Romaine lettuce
turkey sausage
reduced fat cheese
sriracha hot sauce
2 tbsp low fat yogurt ceasar dressing (40 calories)
 
I normally grill some veggies to go with it but when I got home I was too hungry to wait for them to cook, This was perfect, fast and hit the spot.
 
Now to this tasty stuff......
 
I'm sure lately you have figured out I love pimento cheese but it is very high in calories. So last night I decided to make a Skinny version. I have to say it was quite tasty!

What you will need
 1 medium sized pimento can
1 non fat plain greek yogurt
1/4 cup reduced fat cream cheese (they didn't have fat free or I would probably use that)
2 cups of reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese
1 garlic clove minced
diced jalapenos
franks hot sauce (not pictured)
 
 
Start by adding all your ingredients to a bowl (this isn't all that I made. I first made a small batch to see if it was good)


 
then mix all together. Let refrigerate for about an hour,

 
then enjoy your Skinny Me Pimento Cheese on some fresh veggies.
Pretty simple right? :)

 
 
Week 6 workout 2
 
Elliptical for 20 minutes on the fat burning level
 
10 reps 5 total rounds
squat jumps
incline sit ups
plank
kettle ball swing
jumping jacks
 
Then I did arm weights for 10 minutes
 
Day 147:
Post workout smoothie: 1/2 small banana, blueberries, strawberries, flax seed, light soy milk and 2 ice cubes
Breakfast: 2 medium eggs, turkey sausage and reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese
Snack: 15 almonds
Lunch: Skinny Enchilada Casserole
Snack: edamame
Dinner: When I got home I snacked on a few pieces of broccoli and Skinny Pimento Cheese with a small piece of turkey sausage to hold me over till dinner. Then I went to Applebees and had grilled chicken and shrimp with grilled onions (no sauce) and steamed broccoli
 
3 mints (60cals)
 
96 days no diet mountain dew - 50 days no soda
 
40 days till final goal
 
67 days till first 5k



No comments:

Post a Comment