Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Happy Veterans Day

“A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself. “
—Joseph Campbell
 
In this day in age a lot of people, let's be honest, really just think about themselves and what they can do to better their own life. But today we honor those that thought about others and how they can better our lives. I feel like everyday should be Veteran's day because we have them to thank for our everyday life. We have them to thank for our freedom. What is freedom one might ask? Freedom is being able to act, speak and think what we want without having someone else telling us differently. Being an American I am thankful to be able to wake up in the morning, get ready to the music that I want to hear, drive to work in a car that I own, speak my opinion throughout the day and return home and spend time with my husband and do whatever we want to do. In some countries they don't have that luxury. Some countries they are told what to wear, what to say and what to believe. I believe that America has gotten a little spoiled, some of us whine and complain about problems that other's in different countries would dream about. We have options that many don't have and we have those options because of our heros that risk their lives every day.
 
This post is dedicated to all of those heros that have risked their lives and provided us with lives that we should all thank God for. So today I hope you thank those that make your life worth living because without them, who knows what America would become.
 
Thank you all for my freedom, your dedication, strength and courage makes you all heros in my eyes.
 
 



 

 
Now I do have soft spot for Veterans because my husband is one, he served as a Marine. I feel like when I met my now husband he really opened my eyes to what our armed forces really do. I felt like before him I took things for granted.  After I learned more and more of what they do for us my heart just went out to every individual that serves.
 
I thank God everyday for giving me a hero as a husband.
 
 
He brings so much happiness, joy & love to my life that sometimes I don't feel like I deserve it.
 
So tonight as soon as I got home I got in the kitchen and cooked him a yummy (hopefully) dinner. I will be sharing the recipes tomorrow so make sure you check them out,

 
So again. Remember to thank those today and every day for the life you have. We owe them so much more then we give them.
 
HAPPY VETERAN'S DAY 2014!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment