Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Got the Clear? Almost.

Yesterday I headed to the doctor for my 6 week checkup. I was hoping that I would be completely cleared but there are still some things that they have to keep an eye on. The good news is that I can start training for my first 5k since getting pregnant (almost). Before I went to the doctor I jumped ahead of the gun and wrote out my running plan but the doctor told me I should wait one more week. (which is okay because this week is freezing). I'll keep you all posted when I start, I am pretty nervous, it has been a while since I have jogged but I can't wait to get moving!


Another thing I wanted to share today is something I made Sunday night. It is one of my easiest recipes and it is great for leftovers. Since Brunson arrived I need quick, easy meals that just need to be heated up. So for all you mommas on the go this is a good one. It's actually good for anyone that loves lasagna but doesn't love all the carbs. 

Here you go!

Noodleless Lasagna

Ingredients:
92% lean ground beef
Low sugar marinara sauce ( I use Hunt's)
Ricotta cheese (part skim)
Fresh Spinach
Reduced fat mozzarella/cheddar cheese

It's simple.
Preheat oven to 350'
Cook your ground beef add marinara
In large casserole dish layer fresh spinach (layer a lot because it does shrink)
Then meat sauce
Then ricotta cheese
Then shredded cheese
Then repeat.
Put in oven and let cook for about 20 minutes.
See Simple.
Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment