Thursday, May 23, 2013

No Flab Pizza Casserole

Last night I wanted to try something different but I was craving pizza. I am defiantly a pizza lover, I could probably eat it ever other day. Now my hips, belly and thighs wouldn't be happy with me if I did that, especially because I am really able to tell a big difference in myself since I started 109 days ago. So I decided to try something that might turn out delicious or horrible but I was willing to try.
And thank goodness it turned out delicious.

What you will need
1 medium head of cauliflower
1 egg
2 tablespoons of non fat greek yogurt
1 tablespoon of organic low fat butter (Smart Balance)
pizza sauce (low in sugar)
turkey pepperonis
Italian seasoning
skim mozzarella cheese
 
 
 
Preheat oven 375'
 
Start by chopping up your cauliflower and put into mixing bowl (microwave safe)
Then microwave fore 7 minutes
Then add your yogurt and butter and microwave again for 6 minutes.
Make sure at this point the cauliflower is very soft.

 
Add turkey pepperonis ( I added 10), 1 egg and Italian seasoning.

 
Put entire mixture in blender and blend.

 
Pour into oven safe dish,

 
add your pizza sauce,

 
and your toppings.

 
Then let cook for 30 minutes.

 
Once it is fully cooked let sit for about 10 minutes to cool.

 
Then enjoy! I added crushed red pepper and Parmesan cheese on top.
This will probably be my new go to recipe. Defiantly worth trying if you are a pizza lover like me.

 
After I sat down and enjoyed my No Flab Pizza Casserole and watched an episode of Seinfeld. I knew I needed to go ahead and pack my lunch for today.
 
I started with my mid day snack. I first grilled my green peppers and added a little crushed red pepper for spice. Then I added my two eggs to the mix and let everything cook together. This is very filling and healthy.

 
I also went ahead and filled my blender with all the ingredients for my morning smoothie, (except the liquids) that way this morning all I had to do is add the liquids and hit start. I'm not much of a morning person so I try to get as much done at night that way I can sleep a few extra minutes. Yes I am still that girl that lays her clothes out (in human shape, even with jewelry) at night. Don't judge. :) Altough this morning for some reason it was extra hard for me to get out of bed, so as you can see my hair is still a little wet and will be braided shortly.
 
 
Today's morning smoothie
 
PB&J Smoothie On the Go
1 cup of fresh strawberries
1 tablespoon of peanut butter
1 cup of almond milk
1 tablespoon non fat greek yogurt (I added it to make it thicker)
3 ice cubes
 
Day 109:
Breakfast: PB & J Smoothie On the Go
Snack: 2 eggs and grilled green peppers
Lunch:No Flab Pizza Casserole
Snack: side salad with low fat yogurt dressing and hot sauce.
Dinner: Chicken and veggies (Thai) and for dessert I had strawberries with non fat yogurt.
 
 
53 days no diet mt dew - 3 days no soda
 

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment