Tuesday, May 21, 2013

The Perfect Work Lunch

For my birthday my parents bought me a new blender because mine broke and I think I am a little rough on mine (and I always by the cheap ones) But this blender is just perfect. It's funny how excited I get about a nice blender but let me tell you I use a blender ever day. I make smoothies, shakes, homemade sauces, salsa, I could go on and on but I think you get the point. So I was really excited to test this baby out last night. I decided to have a peanut butter shake for dinner since I had a large lunch. My mom would have loved it, she is obsessed with peanut butter.

What you will need
1  1/2 tablespoons of reduced fat peanut butter
1 tablespoon of non fat greek yogurt
1 cup of almond milk (original, not flavored, 1 cup is only 60 calories)
and a few ice cups

 
After I sipped on my delicious shake and flipped through the tv trying to to find something worth watching, I decided to go ahead and pack my lunch for today.
 
I am a huge breakfast person, it is my favorite meal of the day and well if I don't eat it I am kind of a zombie the rest of the day. So today I am starting my morning off with a Strawberry Mango Smoothie.
Then later when my belly starts to growl I have 2 eggs and grilled green peppers to snack on. Later on in the day I am going to finish the work day with a fresh romaine grilled chicken salad.
This looks just perfect to me!
 
Now I will eat dinner but I never decide that until I get home!
 
Also I have found a new find that I am obsessed with. I have been trying to give up all soda not just diet mountain dew but I still have a few diet cokes or sprite zeros. Well that might all be over now. I was at the grocery store last night a found a drink call Sparkling Ice and they have all different flavors. It is naturally flavored sparkling mountain water with zero calories, packed with vitamins and antioxidants.
 
 
What you will need for my Strawberry Mango Smoothie
1 cup of fresh strawberries
1/2 fresh mango
2/ tablespoons of non fat greek yogurt
1 cup almond milk
 
Then you have your breakfast on the go!

 
 
Day 107:
Breakfast: Strawberry Mango Smoothie
Snack: 2 eggs and grilled peppers
Lunch: grilled chicken salad with low fat yogurt dressing
Snack: fresh bowl of fruit and almonds
Dinner: I went to a cookout and had 1 grilled lean cheeseburger with onion and ketchup no bun with baked beans
 
51 days no diet mountain dew - Day 1 no soda
 

No comments:

Post a Comment