The countdown begins, like really begins. I have 50 days. The great thing is I tried on the LittleBlueDress last night and I have to say it was feeling much more comfortable. Now below are some things that I really want to focus on over the next 50 days, some will be tougher than others (the meatless days)but well worth it. I personally think these 10 things everyone should try doing more often.
1. Water yourself. Research shows that dieters who guzzle plenty of H2O lose more weight than those who don't.
2. Halve at it. Divide your normal portion by two and save the rest for later. You are likely to feel full on less food than you think.
3. Go meatless. In general, vegetarians have lower body weights than their meat-eating peers. Follow their lead—at least until you drop a few pounds
4. Not so sweet. Everyone knows sugar isn't healthy, but when you start reading labels, you find it in unexpected places, like pasta sauce and frozen entrees. Cutting the sugar out of your diet will mean healthier meals overall
5. Quit snacking. The real reason the French don't get fat is because it's a cultural faux pas to eat between meals.
6. Eat more yogurt. A recent report revealed the foods most identified with maintaining a healthy weight, and yogurt ranked among the best.
7. Remind yourself to eat better. One study found that people chose better-for-them foods when they were prompted to "consider the healthiness" before digging in.
8. Swap a meal for soup. Soup's high water content makes it a low-calorie and filling option. Just steer clear of the creamy kinds.
9. Veg out. Fill two-thirds of your plate with vegetables, which are less calorie dense and more nutritious than any other type of food.
10. Turn off the TV. Dining while viewing can make you take in 40 percent more calories than usual, reports a new study. And texting, driving, or any other distracting activity during a meal can also result in your eating too much. Instead, make each meal something you put on a plate and sit down to, even if you're eating solo.
Breakfast: egg and turkey sausage casserole
Lunch: broccoli and cheese soup
Dinner: turkey burger with jalopenos, hot sauce and ketchup