Monday, March 4, 2013

Bachelorette ParTAY, Highlands NC

 
Like I said I went to Highlands, NC for the bf's sister bachelorette party. We arrived at our adorable little cabin Friday afternoon and were ready to begin the weekend.
But first a few little pressies with some wine and cheese.
 
 
 
 
 
We then went and grabbed some food at Mountain Fresh.
 

 
I had a grilled chicken salad,

 
while some of the other girls had a little more of a tasty dinner.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 We then went back to our cabin and decided  we needed to get ready for the night out on the town. Even though the cabin was so cute we didn't want to leave but of course it was time to celebrate
 
 

We started the night at the Ugly Dog, everyone there was so welcoming and it was an absolute blast.


 
 

Two very lovely couples that I met.



The Group




 
 
The next morning we rolled out of our warm, comfy beds to the most beautiful site ever, the mountains and snow. I was in pure heaven.


 
We laid around most of the day by the warm fire and watched Lifetime movies and other chick flicks, dozing away every so often.
 
 
We then decided to go to dinner at Wolfgangs's Restaurant.


 
Where I had a grilled shrimp salad that was amazing.



 
We were then back at the Ugly Dog to listen to a local band.

I would definitely suggest taking a vacation to the Highlands. It has the most beautiful scenery, fabulous people, and great food and shops. I think this will be one weekend the bride will never forget. Check out where we stayed. http://themillcreekcottage.com/
 
 
But Sunday morning we had to pack up and head back to the flat lands.(ugh)
 
When I arrived home sweet litte Miss Motor was waiting at the door for me, and we cuddled the rest of the night. It was much needed!
 
 
 
 
 Now to the LittleBlueDress Challenge:
The weekend was a complete success (other then a couple of late night slip ups) but I decided you have to spurge every once in a while, especially while on vacation. This way I don't have crazy cravings and end up really blowing it. I decided to start off with where I was on Friday and go from there. Sorry carbs bye bye again. It was nice trying a few of you for the weekend, we will meet again in 40 days!
 
Day 36:
Breakfast: two eggs with turkey sausage
Snack: 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
Lunch: homemade low fat broccoli soup
Dinner: Salsarita's grilled chicken bowl (all information on that tomorrow)
 
 
40 days
 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Mel,
    My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
    I was looking for blogs about Highlands to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
    Hope to hear from you soon!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jane,
    So great hearing from you. I just emailed you and can't wait to hear from you.
    Thanks for reading:)
    -Mel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post! It seems like you guys had a great time. I am also looking for rental spaces for parties as it is my sister’s bachelorette party next week. I can actually take some cool ideas from here for her party. It is going to be a lot of fun, I am baking cupcakes for the first time for her.

    ReplyDelete