Friday, May 23, 2014

Flights, Work, Corvettes & the Indy Speedway

So Wednesday around lunch I headed to the airport to head off to Indianapolis for work. We were having an event there for our Partners so I was excited to get to go because I have never been.  I made sure since I wasn't sure when I would get to eat to pack a snack and of course some reading material.
 
 
After delays and bad weather I finally made it!!

 
I grabbed my ride (which was a new escalade, I felt fancy) and


 
headed to the hotel. I couldn't get over all the rain and how flat Indy was.

 
It finally lightened up so after I checked in I took and short little walk to check out the city. It was actually not what I expected at all. I was very impressed with the downtown.

 
The next morning we had meetings till lunch and then we all gathered in vans and headed to the really fun part of the event.
 
Indianapolis Motor Speedway

 

 
We had a suite that over looked the track so we got to have lunch and watch the cars qualify for the Indy 500.

 
After we ate we decided to head down and check out all the fancy cars.
This one was my favorite and I am not even a car person.


 
Here are just a few of the cars. I couldn't tell you anything about them except that they were pretty, fancy and expensive :)

 
I'm pretty sure this one was not for sale!

 
See they do have mountains in Indy :)

I asked to get in this one to get a pic but they

 
let me get in this one instead. I guess that was okay.

 
After walking around for a while it was time for me to head back to the airport to catch my flight so I got in a race car and headed that way.

 
Kidding this nice fellar gave me a ride to my car. He said he rides about 30 miles a day but CARRYING people. I can't imagine the calories he burns.

 
I then headed to the airport and caught my flight and headed back to SC.
 
Indy thanks for having me, but it sure feels good to be home.
 
 
M1: 2 eggs with spinach
M2: grilled chicken salad
M3: fruit
M4: not sure yet :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment