Thursday, November 6, 2014

21 Day Challenge: Let's get rid of being tired & frumpy

As I was sitting at my desk at work today I just felt tired and frumpy. If you didn't know I have an office job and sit at a desk for 8 hours a day. Some of you might think... I can NOT picture you sitting at a desk or anywhere for 8 hours but hey I do and I actually really love my job. Also to add to this madness I work in IT. Yes this is true I sit at a desk for 8 hours and I work in the IT industry. If you would have asked me 10 years ago what I wanted to do I would have said " I will live in a big city and be a journalist." Oh how the tables have turned. But I have to say I like the side of the table that I ended up on. I truly love the quite life where you can live in the country and basically just live life and not worry about all of the frivolous things in life that I would probably worry about if I lived in the city. But now let me get to the point of this post before I go on and on about something else.
 
Back to feeling tired and frumpy.....
 
This time last year I was in the best shape I have ever been in. I worked out at least 4 days week and my diet was on point. I have to say I had more energy and woke up every morning feeling like a million bucks. I continued doing this up until probably 5 months ago. I had so much going on with the wedding that my workouts just got pushed to the side. Then after we said our "I Do's" let's just say my workouts were pushed to the side again. Then other things in life happened that just pushed workouts and healthy eating out the door completely. But as I was sitting at my desk today I truly thought to myself I can't just keep putting my workouts to the side, I can't just eat junk because all of this in the end makes me feel "tired and frumpy" .
 
So now that I have started up my blog again (this makes me do my happy dance) I am ready to give myself a challenge. So starting tomorrow I am beginning the "21 Day Challenge". How did I come up with the 21 day challenge? Well Thanksgiving is in 22 days and I'm sorry I will not miss out on my daddy's
stuffing and my "Aunt Kay's" squash casserole. 
 
So what is this 21 day challenge going to consist of. Well I am going all in.....

I am going to be cooking more like I used to. This means no more starches, sugar, and fatty meat. Basically getting back to as veggielious as possible.
 

 
Getting back to that sweaty stuff.
 
 
 
Getting more protein. Even though it is getting cold, morning smoothies are coming back.

 
More green juices instead of fatty afternoon snacks at work.

 
Salads not wraps and quesadillas for lunch

 
More fruit and veggies EVERY DAY.

 
More SQUATS. This girl needs a little lift :)

 
Morning workouts. It might stink to wake up super early but lets be serious do you hate it after you have a good morning workout? I didn't think so.

 
Healthy snacks is key for me. Remember I work in an office it is ALWAYS someone's birthday. Say goodbye to cake and hello to hummus ha :)

 
Starting tomorrow I will be tracking everything I eat and all my workouts so feel free to join or ask questions. We can do it together. Remember "Healthy is the new black"
 
See you beautiful bloggers tomorrow :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment