I am sure all of you ladies are thinking about flowers, candies & diamonds.
Then some of you are thinking how am I going to stick to a healthy diet at dinner tonight?
Tips for Eating Healthy When Eating out
- As a beverage choice, ask for water or order fat-free or low-fat milk, unsweetened tea, or other drinks without added sugars.
- Ask for whole-wheat bread for sandwiches.
- In a restaurant, start your meal with a salad packed with veggies, to help control hunger and feel satisfied sooner.
- Ask for salad dressing to be served on the side. Then use only as much as you want.
- Choose main dishes that include vegetables, such as stir fries, kabobs, or pasta with a tomato sauce.
- Order steamed, grilled, or broiled dishes instead of those that are fried or sauteed.
- Choose a small" or "medium" portion. This includes main dishes, side dishes, and beverages.
- Order an item from the menu instead heading for the "all-you-can-eat" buffet.
- If main portions at a restaurant are larger than you want, try one of these strategies to keep from overeating:
- Order an appetizer-sized portion or a side dish instead of an entrée.
- Share a main dish with a friend.
- If you can chill the extra food right away, take leftovers home in a "doggy bag."
- When your food is delivered, set aside or pack half of it to go immediately.
- Resign from the "clean your plate club" - when you've eaten enough, leave the rest.
- To keep your meal moderate in calories, fat, and sugars:
- Ask for salad dressing to be served "on the side" so you can add only as much as you want.
- Order foods that do not have creamy sauces or gravies
- Add little or no butter to your food.
- Choose fruits for dessert most often.
- On long commutes or shopping trips, pack some fresh fruit, cut-up vegetables, low-fat string cheese sticks, or a handful of unsalted nuts to help you avoid stopping for sweet or fatty snacks.
preparing my casserole last night
Breakfast: egg, parmesan cheese, turkey sausage casserole
Snack: two tablespoons of peanut butter and handful of fruit (grapes,blueberries, and pineapple)
Lunch: company lunch for valentines day.
small salad (blah but of course they had pasta) So I had lettuce, spinach, green peppers, cheddar
cheese & marina sauce as dressing. Also I had 30 pistachios, it's a great on the go and filling.
Snack: handful of sunflower seeds
Dinner: When I got home I had these beautiful flowers and a handsome date waiting to take me to dinner. We had dinner at the Four Seasons and it was to die for. We started out with a crap and shrimp dip which Shaun made me try because it was Valentines day so I had 1 chip and had a few bites of it. I then ordered the Mediterranean Chicken which had a fresh tomato and feta sauce. It came with pasta but I decided to have asparagus instead. All in all this was a fabulous Valentines day.