Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Buffalo Ranch Quinoa Chicken Salad


I wanted to start off with sharing my new highlights :) I think they are great because they look natural and not anything extreme. Perfect for summer. (oh and I'm not driving and taking a picture of myself, waited till I was parked, don't want to make momma nervous ha)
 

Next I am going to share this fabulous dish I made last night. It's called Buffalo Ranch Quinoa Chicken Salad. Now you can't say that doesn't sound yummy. And let me tell you it was.
 
What you will need
Rotisserie chicken (pull off all the white meat, don't use the skin or dark meat)
1 cup of quinoa
Franks red hot sauce
Ranch packet ( way less fat and calories that the actual dressing)
1/2 cup broccoli
3/4 cup shredded cole slaw
 



 
Start by sauteing your broccoli and set aside

 
Then add your chicken and hot sauce (use as much hot sauce as you want) and let cook on high while stirring for about 5 minutes.

 
Then turn down to medium and add 1/2 packet of ranch more hot sauce (if you are like me) and broccoli. Let cook together for about 10 minutes.

 
Will that is cooking begin your quinoa. This is just like you would be cooking rice but doesn't take near is long.  You want 1 cup of quinoa and 2 cups of water. Once the water is absorbed in the quinoa it is ready.
 
I then made a side of sauce to top everything with.
I used hot sauce, the rest of the ranch packet and 1 tablespoon of olive oil


 
I then added all the ingredients together and mixed thoroughly. Don't forget your cabbage. It isn't cooked.


I then made me a bowl and sat down and enjoyed my yummy dinner and an episode of Everyone Love's Raymond. 
 

 
After I finished, I knew I would want a afternoon snack, so I decided to saute some cabbage and red peppers.



 
 
I hope someone will try this recipe because let me tell you it is work it :)
 
Make sure you check out tomorrow for my Spicy Zucchini Straws!!
 
 
Now to the workout
 
Week 2 Workout 1
Treadmill 20 minutes: 15 minutes - inclined at 15 speed 3.5  , 4 minutes jogging 4.5 mph (no incline). 1 minute jogging 5.5 (no incline)

Bicycle 10 minutes at level 7
3/10 push ups
100 crunches
30 squats
2/25 bicycle crunches
30 lunges
2/20 side crunches
50 reverse crunches
2/20 mason twists
30 scissor kicks
 
 
Day 119:
Post workout smoothie: Strawberries, spinach, flax seed, almond milk, 1 1/2 tablespoons of PB, 3 ice cubes
Breakfast: 2 eggs with a teaspoon of sugar free syrup
Snack: Sauteed cabbage and red peppers
Lunch: Buffalo Ranch Quinoa Chicken Salad
Snack: mixed nuts
Dinner: Thai :) Spicy garlic chicken and shrimp with broccoli and cabbage/ a few spicy zucchini straws
 
68 days no diet mountain dew- 22 days no soda

2 comments:

  1. I love your highlights! I think your hair definitely looks better with them. The colors totally compliment your complexion too. Thanks for the recipe as well, I'm excited to give it a go!

    Regards,
    Julie N. @ Hairworx Etc Inc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie- Thanks, although I just changed my hair color for fall and cut it short:) If you try out the recipe please let me know how you like it. Thanks for stopping by!!

      Stay healthy & happy-
      Mel

      Delete