Monday, June 10, 2013

News / Skinny Mozzarella Sticks / Relaxing Weekend

I want to start off with a little motivation and news
I will start with the news. I weighed myself this past weekend and I was shocked when I saw the scale........
I have lost 21 pounds, so I have hit my first goal of 20 pounds but to be honest I never thought I would actually reach that goal but now that I am made it I want to carry on. My final goal is to lose 13 more pounds, once I have completed that, I will be at my perfect weight and I will just have to maintain it. (All together losing 34 pounds)
So if  you believe in yourself anything is possible. I am healthy, happy and have more energy than I did in high school.
 
 
Now to my weekend
 
This weekend was such a relaxing weekend that I defiantly needed. On Friday I was super excited because I had the evening to myself  So I started it off by stopping by the grocery store to make something delicious. I have never been a huge fan of mozzarella sticks because well I just knew how bad they are for you. So I saw this recipe on a girls blog I follow (Undressed Skeleton) and I decided to try it out. So I spent the evening relaxing, cooking, catching up on my favorite shows, wearing comfy pj's and snuggling with Motor. So I will just share a little bit of the evening and the rest of the weekend, along with the step by step recipe for Skinny Mozzarella Sticks
 
What you will need
Skim mozzarella cheese
Milled flax seed
seasonings (I used garlic salt, paprika and Italian seasoning)
marinara sauce (make sure it's low in sugar)
2 eggs
 
 
Start by preheating your oven at 350'










 

Then cut your mozzarella into long sticks and

 
 
dip into the egg.

 
Then add your seasonings to your flax seed and
 
 
dip you egg covered mozzarella stick into the mixture and

 
place on baking sheet. Then put in the oven to bake for about 15 minutes. (the cheese will spill out somewhat but once they cool they stay together)
 
Once they are cooled, you have your

 
Skinny Mozzarella Sticks 
 
 
Just  dip in some warm marinara sauce and you have a perfect healthy snack,
 
 
 
Once my belly was stuffed and the kitchen was cleaned. I snuggled up to Motor for the rest of the evening. 


 
The next day was just as relaxing. I woke up pretty  early because I went to to get my hair highlighted (I normally don't get my hair professionally done but  I was getting it done fore super cheap). I will show a picture tomorrow of how it ended up looking ( I forgot to take a picture), as well as a new step by step recipe.
 
After I finished getting my hair done I went home and decided I was going to lay by the pool for the rest of the afternoon. But first I need to fill my belly with something tasty. I decided to have the rest of my leftover Skinny Mozzarella Sticks and some spaghetti squash with marinara sauce.
 
Then I was off to the pool for a few hours then got showered and went to hangout and have dinner with a few of my favorites.
 

 
The next day I got up super early to go with the bf to take his sister and brother n law to the airport. They are finally going on their honeymoon, so jealous. They will be cruising to Bermuda all week long, while I am stuck in this dang cubicle.

 
After we dropped them off we stopped for breakfast at Cracker Barrel. And boy am I glad because after we finished our delicious breakfast, the bf bought this. I was ready for Sunday fun day!

 
See I don't need to go on vacation to have fun. I have everything I need.
beach towel, slip n slide, and tanning lotion.

 
We decided, 1. we put in it a very bad location because in the end it was a huge mud pit 2. we are too big for this slip n slide , they were serious when they said for ages 5 -12 
3. It was worth every scratch and bruise to act like a kid again




 
Later that evening we hung out with this little fellar and grilled out,

 
this yummy dinner
 
Grilled teriyaki chicken with grilled pineapple and asparagus.

 
So there you have it, my very relaxing weekend, I wouldn't have changed one thing about it.
 
Check out tomorrow for my step by step recipe for Buffalo, Ranch Quinoa Chicken Salad
 
 
Day 116:
Breakfast: smoothie  (strawberries, 2 tablespoons pb, spinach, almond milk)
Lunch: Spaghetti squash with marinara sauce and leftover skinny mozzarella sticks
Dinner: Salad with a veggie burger (romaine lettuce, avocado, grilled peppers and skim cheese) with ginger low fat salad dressing.
 
 
Day 117:
Breakfast:egg beaters with Colby cheese and 2 turkey patties
Lunch: romaine lettuce with ginger salad dressing
Dinner: grilled teriyaki (low sodium) chicken with grilled pineapple (unsweetened canned) and asparagus.
 
Day 118:
Breakfast: smoothie (strawberries, 1 1/2 tablespoons of pb, almond milk)
Snack: 2 eggs with sugar free syrup
Lunch: spaghetti squash with marinara sauce and leftover grilled chicken
Snack:mixed nuts
Dinner:
 
67 days no diet mountain dew- 21 days no soda
 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment