Friday, June 14, 2013

Summer Grillin

I have done previous posts about grilling and easy ways not to ruin your healthy living lifestyle. The bf and I absolutely love to grill. There is something about sitting out on a porch and just relaxing and talking with each other that just makes times stop. We don't have any worries, no stress and don't think about anything but that moment of time together. I would suggest everyone have those moments. If you don't have a significant other go with your girlfriend's. Have a movie night or and shopping date. Anything that will make you just relieve all your worries. The bf and I find it in grilling and of course going to eat Thai. I guess you can you can say we both like to eat. Now that used to be a problem because I would eat just like the bf. When we would grill out I would have all the starchy, fatty foods and when we would go eat Thai I would always eat every piece of rice and normally have 2 spring rolls. Then the next morning my stomach would hurt and I would be miserable and my clothes wouldn't fit . Looking back I don't know why I put my body through so much. I have had to teach myself that I have to treat my body right and once I started doing that I felt like a new person. I wouldn't have changed one thing about this journey.

Now to the food, yum.

The bf decided that he really wanted to grill chicken leg quarters. When I see bone and the skin on those things it makes me sick.  So when he washed them and put them on the grill......
 


 I read a magazine that I had picked up.
 

I had never bought this magazine before and it made me think, why have I been buying those ridiculous celebrity gossip magazines when I can actually learn something from this magazine. As I was reading through I tagged a lot of recipes, workouts that I wanted to try and then one thing stuck out to me that I wanted to share. It was an article about Owning your own greatness. It gave you ways to pinpoint all the things that make you fabulous. 1. Stop looking outside yourself 2. Be more real 3. Zoom in on what you truly love to do- and make time to actually do it. 4. Step into the spotlight. These are four things that I truly need to focus on more. I need to focus on myself and what is good for me.  I would definitely suggest buying this magazine because it really gives you great information for your mind and body and of course some beauty tips:)
 
After I finished my magazine the bf said I should probably start on my side. So I went ahead and cut up my fresh squash and zucchini

 
Added some tasty spices. (garlic, minced onion and crushed red pepper)

 
Once it was almost finsihed I cut down to low and sprinkled the veggies with skim mozzarella cheese,

 
and let it cook until the cheese was melted.

 
Then I made my plate and enjoyed my healthy dinner.
What's a cookout without a styrofoam plate? ha :)

 
Now just reminder with this sort of chicken. The skin and dark meat is not as good for you as the white meat. So I tore off all the white meat and through away the rest ( the bone and skin for sure)
 
 
My ankle was bothering me when I woke up this morning so I decided to let it rest. I am going to the bf's parents house for father's day and they have the best neighborhood to run in. So I will make sure I take some fun pictures, keep up with my food and workout journals and update you on everything on Monday. Happy Friday and Happy Father's Day to all the wonderful Father's out there. I know I got pretty lucky. Look at this handsome man. A girl couldn't ask for a better Father. I love you daddy!
 
 
He sure is a proud papa :)
 
 
 
Day 122:
Breakfast smoothie: 1 banana, 2 tsp of flax seed, 1 1/2 tbsp pb, almond milk and 3 ice cubes (and a few pieces of turkey while I was getting ready , I woke up pretty hungry)
Snack: 2 egg with hot sauce
Lunch: spaghetti squash with marinara sauce and a peice of salmon and a little bit of feta with jalapenos
Snack: non fat yogurt and  green grapes
Dinner:
 
71 days no diet mountain dew- 25 days no soda
 
66 days till final goal


 
 

 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. looks so yummy :)
    don't forget to check my blog:
    www.lusciousstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Daria,
      Thanks, I will defiantly check it out today:)
      Have a great week!

      Thanks for stopping by,
      xoMelissa

      Delete