Thursday, October 17, 2013

Cheesy Turkey Sausage and Broccoli Soup

I think fall is the best time for soups. There is just something cozy about them. So last night I wanted to try something new. It is similar to my broccoli cheese soup but I changed it up a little.

What you will need
1 bag of frozen broccoli florets
rotel tomatoes
fat free cream cheese
2 can fat free chicken broth
turkey sausage
Italian seasoning
Garlic salt
 
 
Start by cooking your turkey sausage

 
Then mix everything in large pot. I used the entire cream cheese block (I wouldn't suggest using the entire block unless it is fat free)

 
Then put on medium and I let it cook for about an hour and stirred occasionally.



I like my soups thicker so the longer you let it cook the thicker it will be.



 
This will be perfect when it gets super cold out!
(once again don't laugh at my bowl, like I have mentioned I am moving so I have packed up all my dishes)
(Also this is from this morning when I packed my lunch so this is it cold so once it is heated up it won't be as thick)
 
Training Week 2
2 mile run
full body weights
 
Yesterday was weigh in day and I have lost another 3 pounds :) Getting so very close to my final weight loss goal!
 
Day 18 recommit:
Breakfast: 2 medium eggs with sugar free syrup
Snack: 25 almonds
Lunch: Cheesy turkey sausage and broccoli soup
Snack: red and green peppers, spinach, walnuts, small amount of feta, ham and hummus
Pre workout snack- 100% whole wheat toast with skim cheese
Dinner: cheesy rotel chicken casserole
 
Day 19 recommit:
Breakfast: 2 medium eggs with hot sauce and 1/2 whole wheat toast with 1 tsp of jelly
Lunch: Cheesy turkey sausage and broccoli soup @  th eother half 100% whole wheat toast with 1 tbsp of pb
Snack- protein bar
Dinner:

195 days no diet mountain dew
26 days till (new) ultimate goal
April 4th 1st 10k- 167 days
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Yes!! This will be perfect for when it gets cold!! Gotta love seasonal foods! Hot stuff in the winter, smoothies in the summer!!

    ReplyDelete