Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Holiday Goal & Ranch Turkey Chili

So with the Holidays coming up I have decided to restart my LittleBlueDress Challenge because let's face it, I am going to have to have some of the yummy treats and of course the famous squash casserole and my daddy's dressing. I think during the Holiday's it would be pure torture to have to miss out on all of that. Now I am not saying I am going to go crazy, I will have small portions of my favorite foods. Now up until the Holidays I am going to cut out all carbs and sugars. I am going to try and eat as clean as possible. I am going to continue to have no sodas and continue working out four days a week. Also for the first two weeks I will only be drinking water.  My goal is to lose 10 pounds by Christmas morning. Now some may say I don't need to but this way if I gain a few pounds over the Holidays it won't matter. (Once again not saying I am going to go crazy during the Holidays) I just want to make sure that all the hard work that I have done this year isn't ruined in the months full of dinner parties, Thanksgiving, Christmas dinner, Christmas parties, New Years Eve., etc. So here I go, I have set my goal and I won't quit till I reach it!!

Now to my Ranch Turkey Chili
 
What you will need
large can crushed tomatoes
1 regular can diced tomatoes (spicy)
1 can low sodium kidney beans
ground turkey
chili powder
1 medium onion diced
1 red pepper diced
1 packet ranch seasoning
 

 
Start by cooking your ground turkey and dicing your veggies.

 
Once your ground turkey is fully cooked, add your veggies and cook on high for a few minutes.

 
Then add all your ingredients to crock pot. I used the entire packet of ranch and a good amount of  chili powder. ( I love spicy)

 
Let cook for about an hour and then enjoy a nice, warm bowl of chili. Perfect for the cold weather!

 
Workout:
2 miles on treadmill
15 minutes elliptical
 
50 jumping jacks
50 lunges (25 each leg)
25 pushups
50 high knees
50 sumo squats
25 crunches
25 incline sit ups
1 minute plank
Repeat
 
Day 1:
Breakfast: non fat yogurt
Lunch: ranch turkey chili
Snack: edamame
Dinner: Mexican stuffed sweet potato
 
Day1 no soda only water
 
209 days till 1st 5k
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment