Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Pumpkins, Pumpkins & More Pumpkins

So as you can tell I am pretty obsessed with anything pumpkin. And if you didn't know that, last night will prove it. I started the evening off with making some healthy pumpkin pancakes.

What you will need
pure pumpkin
1 tbsp pumpkin pecan butter
1 packet of splenda
1 egg
handful of oats

 
Start by mixing all ingredients together.

 
Then get to cooking! I love using my omelet maker because it helps keep them together.

 
And there you go! A yummy pumpkin pancake without all the fat.

 
Nowww to some crafts!
 
Pumpkin Candle holders!!

 
Start by cutting out a circle at the top of the pumpkin. I used the candle to measure it.

 
Then scoop out all the seeds (this is when it hit me that I could roast pumpkin seeds next)

 
Then you just have to set the candle inside and light! Easy, fun and so cute!


I am probably going to make some more of these and take them for Thanksgiving. They would be perfect to arrange on the dinner table!
 

 
Roasted Spicy Italian Pumpkin Seeds
 
 
Mix together the seeds, extra virgin olive oil, Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper.

 
Bake in the oven on 375' for about 15 minutes or until golden brown!

 
So now I am sure you can tell. This girl is pumpkin crazy!!
 
 
Week 1 Day 2 Training
Run 2.5 miles

Day 9 recommit:
Breakfast: 2 eggs with spinach, sugar free syrup and skim mozz cheese
Snack: 20 almonds
Lunch: Skinny Me Mexican (recipe either tomorrow or Wednesday)
Snack: steamed broccoli and I sprinkled a little bit of skim mozz cheese on top. with hot sauce
Dinner: light and filling stir -fry

 Next 5k Oct 12th or 19th

36 days till (new) ultimate goal

April 4th 1st 10k- 178 days

3 comments:

  1. Yum!! I love pumpkin!!! It's so healthy and delicious... and it really just tastes like Fall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!! As you can see I am pretty obsessed. There is just something about the weather getting cooler and the smell of pumpkin that makes me so happy!! I checked out your blog. I love it. Can' wait to read more. Congrats on your journey!!

      Stay healthy & happy,
      Mel

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much! Same for you :) Looking forward to new posts!

      Delete