Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Mexican Delight & I Have Reached My Goal

Sunday evening I cranked up the heat, slipped into my comfys, and got ready to create something in the kitchen. This is what I came up with.
 
What you will need
quinoa
ground chicken
taco seasoning
enchilada sauce
black beans (drained)
corn (drained)
rotel tomatoes (drained)
fresh sweet mixed peppers and jalapenos (chopped)
skim mozz cheese
crushed red pepper

 
Preheat oven to 350'
 
Then start by cooking your ground chicken. Once cooked add your taco seasoning and crushed red pepper. Once mixed set aside in mixing bowl.
 
 
Then cook your chopped peppers and jalapenos. I added a little bit of garlic salt.

 
Cook your quinoa. Remember this cooks just like rice.

 
While your quinoa is cooking mix your ground chicken and veggies.

 
Once quinoa is fully cooked pour into the bottom of your baking dish.

 
Then layer your meat,

 
your drained black beans, corn and rotel tomatoes,

 
then finish it off with the enchilada sauce.

 
Place in the oven and let cook for about 20 mins.
 
Then take out and add the mozz cheese. Let cook for another 20 minutes,
 
 
or until the cheese with fully melted and browned on top.

 
Let cool and then enjoy.
 
This has been great for my lunches. Healthy and filling.

 
I have decided that I am comfortable with my body and I no longer want to be any smaller. I am happy and healthy but I know that now I have to maintain it. I have never once in my life not been trying to lose weight so this will be different for me. I will continue LittleBlueDress to share more recipes, workouts and my lifestyle as the new healthier, happier me! I hope you will continue to follow my lifestyle.


2 comments:

  1. I'm totally going to make this. Looks so good. Thinking the husband would enjoy, too - Ps. Hope you saw my Facebook comment on this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just was it you are so sweet. This is such a good/ filling recipe. Let me know how you like it :)

      Delete