Friday, January 3, 2014

New Soup Recipe & 2 New Obsessions of Mine

I have posted my healthy broccoli and cheese soup before but last night I made a new version of it. I wanted to add some meat to it and boy I think I have a new favorite.
 
What you will need
2 cans of low sodium chicken broth
1 package of turkey sausage ( chopped)
8oz of reduced fat Velveeta
1 full bag of frozen broccoli
2 heaping spoonfuls of fat free cottage cheese (pictured later)
 
 
This soup is so easy it's crazy. Really all you do is put all ingredients in large pot and let cook on medium for about an hour. (covered)

 
After the Velveeta cheese is melted and it is looking like soup, go ahead and stir in your fat free cottage cheese.

 
Let cook for another 30 mins. (still on medium, I like my broccoli very soft, so cook it until your broccoli is how you like it)
 
After it was finished I poured the entire bowl into a large Tupperware so that I would have lunch for the next few days! ( I am actually eating it now while I am posting)

 
I also wanted to share 2 new things that I am basically obsessed with.
 
1st up...
Blue Diamond Almonds
Bold Wasabi and Soy Sauce
These things are just plain amazing. They are perfect for my morning or afternoon snack but I don't keep the entire container at my desk. Every night I count out 1 serving and put them in a baggy so I don't sit and eat the whole container in one sitting. They are so good I could easily do it.
 


Next is Ice water. Now that I have given up all soda I find that these help with my cravings. My favorite flavor and actually the only flavor I get is Black Raspberry. You have to try these! 
 
 

 
Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend. I look forward to the Clemson game tonight and hopefully going to see The Hobbit tomorrow! See ya Monday Bloggers!!xx
 
NEW WORKOUTS STARTING MONDAY!!
 
Day 4, Operation I'm getting marrrried!
Breakfast: 2 eggs mixed with salsa and fat free cottage cheese
Snack:25 almonds
Lunch: new broccoli, turkey sausage and cheese soup
Snack: broccoli with low fat yogurt french onion dip
Dinner: thai night with the Fiancee. I  get stir fried chicken with cabbage and broccoli VERY SPICY no rice.
That night we watched football with some friends so I had so trail mix and frozen yogurt to snack on.
 
( I just noticed I am eating broccoli a lotttt today, I love it)

Day 5 no soda
162 days till final goal and getting hitched







 

No comments:

Post a Comment