Monday, January 6, 2014

My Sundays and Healthy Salmon Salad Lettuce Wraps

This weekend was so relaxing. Just some good quality time with the fiancee is all I wanted. Now my Sunday afternoons and evenings are always my alone time. I lock myself in my house and do whatever I want to do with absolutely noone around. Usually it consists of cooking, painting my nails, doing a face mask, snuggling on the couch with Motor while watching Lifetime or Law and Order. This Sunday was no different. After church and lunch at a cute little French Cafe with the bf and his sister and her husband I went home and had the whole day to myself. It was wonderful. I started it off with of course turning it to the Law and Order Marathon and then got into my most comfortable clothes I could find. Then I started a big bowl of my homemade broccoli soup for my lunches for the week. I know I made it last week but this time I left out the turkey sausage and cottage cheese and added rotel tomatoes. After that I cleaned the house perfectly, well about as clean as I could get it. Afterwards I did my nails and toenails while snuggling with sweet Motor at the same time. After relaxing for a bit and fillling my brain with as much Law and Order as possible, I decided to try a new recipe. This is what I came up with.
 
What you will need
3 cans of pink Salmon (drained)
fat free cottage cheese
sweet honey mustard (not the dressing kind, actual mustard)
sun dried tomatoes
1 container of non fat greek yogurt
1/2 squeezed lemon
1 egg (not picture)

 
Start by draining your salmon and breaking it up in a large mixing bowl.

 
Chop up your sun dried tomatoes as small as you would like them and add.

 
Add 1/2 of the lemon (juice)

 
Add your container of greek yogurt, 2 heaping spoonfuls of fat free cottage cheese and sweet honey mustard. Then mix all together. As I was mixing I knew I was missing something...... But what was it?

 
A hard boiled egg. Duh Mel!

 
After the egg was finished I broke the egg into pieces (after I took the shell off of course),

 
and added it to the mixture. I then let refrigerate for about an hour.

 
Once it was chilled, I washed a couple of pieces of romaine lettuce and added the salmon salad.

 
It is so tasty and easy. This will be perfect for my afternoon snacks!
 
My post tomorrow will be all about fitness and my fitness goals. Make sure you check it out!!
 
Day 5, Operation I'm getting marrrried!
Breakfast: almonds ( I was on the go)
Snack: edamame with light soy sauce
Lunch: new broccoli, turkey sausage and cheese soup
Dinner: The fiance and I tried out Red Bowl (if you haven't figured out we love Asian food). I started out with lettuce wraps and for my main dish I had a spicy thai mango chicken dish with no rice. Later that night when I go home I had a small bowl no sugar added ice cream and almonds.

Day 6, Operation I'm getting marrrried!
Breakfast: 2 eggs with skim mozz cheese
Lunch: strawberry, feta and almond chicken salad with fat free sun dried tomato dressing. SO GOOD!
Dinner: The last of my broccoli, turkey sausage and cheese soup and one salmon salad lettuce wrap. Later that evening I had a small bowl of no sugar added ice cream.
 

Day 7, Operation I'm getting marrrried!
Breakfast: 2 eggs with skim mozz cheese
Snack: 25 almonds
Lunch: broccoli and cheese soup. (my low cal recipe)
Snack: 2 salmon salad lettuce wraps
Dinner: Grilled turkey dog wrapped in lettuce topping with mozz cheese and edamame with light  soy sauce. And later a small cup of no sugar added ice cream.

 
Day 8 no soda
158 days till final goal and getting hitched
 
 
What is your favorite thing to do during your alone time?
 
What is your favorite snack recipe?
 
 

1 comment: