Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Skinny Me Chili

Yesterday was so cold and rainy, all I wanted to do was to go home take a hot bubble bath, eat some warm soup, and watch some of my favorite shows under a big comfy blanket on the couch. So I did just that. Nothing beats having a nice big bowl of chili on a nasty day and knowing that you don't have to get back out in it the rest of the evening.
 
I wanted to share my chili recipe today because it is extremely healthy, great as leftovers, and sometimes you just need a big bowl of warm soup.
 
 What you will need
1 can of tomato sauce
1 can of diced tomatoes and green chilies
2 can of chili beans (find the brand with the least sugar and calories)
1 pound of ground turkey (or sirloin beef if you aren't a fan of turkey)
1 1/2 medium onions (diced)
1 large jalapeno (diced)
1 green pepper (diced)
1 garlic clove (minced)
chili powder
crushed red pepper
 
 
 
Start by cooking your ground turkey (I add water to make sure when I drain I get all the grease out)

 
While that is cooking, go ahead and dice your onions and peppers

 
as well as your jalapenos and garlic

 
Once you have drained all grease, add your veggies and cook on high for about 5 minutes.

 
After 5 minutes turn your stove down to low and add your chili beans, tomato sauce, and diced tomatoes & green chilies, also fill your tomato sauce can 1/2 full of water and add to pot.

 
Then add your seasonings. I like my chili really spicy so I normally use about half of the bottle of chili seasoning (start with a little and add more if you want to add spice)
Last add your crushed red pepper (do the same as you did for the chili powder)


 After everything is added cover and cook on low for about an hour and a half.

 
Then fix and big bowl and sit back and enjoy!
 
 
Day 51:
Breakfast: 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
Snack: non fat yogurt
Lunch: skinny me chili
Snack: some almonds and work had some leftover Moe's so I had some black beans, grilled chicken and slasa
Dinner: not so porky pork loin & cabbage (check out my step by step recipe for Not So Porky Pork Loin tomorrow)
 
24 days

No comments:

Post a Comment