Thursday, April 25, 2013

Perfect Pancakes

Growing up I was the kid in the family that always had to eat breakfast. So thank goodness my mom never minded to make me some. ( to this day she will even make me breakfast if I ask her to when I am home) But my breakfast eating habits have had to change since I was a little youngster running around all the time playing with my brothers and sister. So I have had to find substitutes for all my favorite breakfast foods. Because everyone knows breakfast is the most important meal of the day.
So here is my newest recipe!
 
What you will need
1 large banana
1 large egg
any toppings that you want to mix (almonds, peanut butter, berries, chocolate, etc)
sugar free syrup

 
Start by mushing up your banana (now they are slippery, so I eventually had to put them on a flat plate to mush completely)

 
Once fully mushed, add 1 egg,

 
and whatever you want to mix with it. I used just a little bit of peanut butter.

 
Then mix all ingredients till it is smooth.

 
Now the next step I thought would be pretty tough. (keeping the pancake together while cooking)
Butttt I remembered this awesome little omelet maker my mom got me for Christmas. I would suggest everyone have one, you can use it for so many different things.

 
So I added the ingredients to the cooker (medium heat.)

 
Then added a few almonds for a little extra flavor and then let it cook.


Then wah lah,
 

 
a Perfect Pancake without all the carbs!



Make sure you check out the next couple of post I will be sharing my Chicken Pad Thai with Spaghetti Squash and Skinny Turtles step by step recipes!!
 
 
Day 87:
Breakfast: 1/2 perfect pancake and 2 veggie patties
Snack: skim mozzarella string cheese
Lunch: salad with chopped turkey pepperonis, almonds, skim mozzarella cheese, 1 hard boiled egg and low fat ceaser dressing. (made with yogurt)
Snack: handful of mix nuts
Dinner: veggie burger with grilled squash, zucchini, red peppers and provolone cheese on a bed of mixed greens

Day 88:
Breakfast: 2 eggs and a banana with 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
Lunch: spinach salad with grilled salmon, pepper, feta, hard boiled egg and low fat ceasar dressing  (made with yogurt)
Snack: handful of almonds
Dinner:

My new favorite lunch. 
 
 
26days no diet mountain dew
 
35days till ultimate goal

No comments:

Post a Comment