Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Belly Shrinkin Mexican Casserole

I am pretty excited to share this recipe with you. Like I have said multiple times I love any kind of Mexican dish but I am pretty sure the scale doesn't. So I wanted to come up with something that would satisfy my Mexican taste buds. So here I go!

 
What you will need
1 pound of ground turkey
 quinoa (judge on how much you want, it is going to be the bottom layer of the casserole)
enchilada sauce
whole no salted, low sodium corn
diced tomatoes
jalapenos
taco seasoning
red and green pepper (I used half of each)
skim mozzarella cheese
 
 
Preheat oven 350'
 
Start by browning your ground turkey.

 
Then begin your quinoa. Make sure the don't over cook it. You cook it just like you would rice

 


 
Chop your veggies :)

 
Once the ground turkey is ready add your taco seasoning and veggies,

 
and let simmer

 
Once your quinioa is ready pour into the bottom of the baking dish.

 
Followed by your layers.
1. ground turkey and veggies
2. corn
3. diced tomatoes




4. skim mozzarella cheese (my favorite part)

 
Then repeat.


Top it off with some yummy jalapenos.

 
Let cook until the edges are browned and the cheese is melted  (about 15 minutes, depending on oven)

 
Then get ready for your Mexican Fiesta. It is delicious and great for leftovers.

 
What's everyone's favorite dish?
 
Make sure you check tomorrow for my Skinny Pimento Cheese Spread!! ( Believe me you will want to try this)
 
Todays' workout
 
Week 3 Workout 1
 
 

Treadmill: 20 minutes (10 minutes incline 15 speed 3.5 - 8 minutes 0 incline speed 5.0 - 2 minutes 0 incline speed 6.0 last 30 seconds 4.5)

 40 jumping jacks
30 crunches
20 squats
10 push ups
All arm weight machines (10 minutes)
 
Bicycle 15 minutes level 1
 
Day 126:
Post workout smoothie: fresh blueberries, 1/2 banana, 1 tablespoon pb, almond milk, 2 ice cubes
Breakfast: 2 eggs with 1 tsp of sugar free syrup
Lunch: Belly Shrinking Mexican Casserole
Snack: non fat yogurt with almonds
Dinner: Belly Shrinking Mexican Casserole (small amount) with my homemade  "NON Bloomin Onion:. Later on I got hungry and made a salad with romaine lettuce, spinach, small amount of parm cheese, mixed low fat yogurt ceaser dressing, ginger and hot sauce. (all low fat)
 
75 days no diet mountain dew -29 days no soda
 
62 days till final goal-no facebook till reached goal :)



 



No comments:

Post a Comment