Friday, June 21, 2013

Nothing Beats a Fresh Salad

False

I absolutely love this motivational quote. I have to keep myself motivated everyday to keep on track. This is the longest I have ever really stuck to my healthy living lifestyle. I have never been able to give up soda, unhealthy carbs or sweets. But I think I have finally actually kicked them to the curb and ran over them with a bus:). Eating healthy has now become just a normal day for me. I don't have to think anymore it just come natural. It's become a habit for me which my health is very happy about. My skin is better, my energy is better, my hands don't shake from all of the caffeine I was drinking, all in all I am just a healthier person. The best part is when I go into my closet now I don't have to pick out clothes that fit that aren't too tight, now I have to pick out clothes that fit that aren't too big. For example I have a pair of jeans that I have not been able to pull over my hips in 3 1/2 years and this morning I wanted to try them out and nowwww they are too big in the waist. Yeah believe me at 7 in the am that is a good feeling. It's hard work at the beginning but honestly anyone can do it. It just takes motivation everyday. Take one step at a time.


Whenever I got home last night I was exhausted. I didn't feel like cooking anything that would take a long time or go out to eat. I wanted to put comfy clothes on and watch a movie. So I decided that I would make a salad for dinner. Now salads can be quite blah but they can also be pretty fantastic. So I wanted to share everything that I put on my fantastic salad. It will definitely be one I make weekly. It's quick, easy, and I had everything already in my fridge.
 
What you will need
romaine lettuce
red and green peppers
1/3 avocado
1 Stuffed Sun Dried Tomato Spinach Turkey Burger
Parmesan cheese
Dressing: 1 tablespoon low fat yogurt Cesar dressing, 1 tablespoon low fat ginger dressing and as much sriracha hot sauce as you want
 
 

Start by sauteing your veggies,
 


 
while they are cooking make your dressing,


 
and cut your turkey burger into small pieces.

 
Once your veggies are ready, add your turkey burger but just to warm it up because it is already cooked.
 
 


 
Then add everything together including your fresh avocado and your parm cheese.

 
Then add your dressing and your masterpiece is complete. This was the best thing I have had all week. Which is so funny because I have never been a salad person. But if you add all your favorites it can become  a healthy, flavorful, delicious meal.
 
What is your favorite salad?
 
 
 
Now as my alarm clock went off this morning I went to sit up and I was sore from head to toe and still just exhausted. So I decided to sleep in this morning. (if you call getting up at 7 am sleeping in ha) Now I normally would have just forced myself to the gym but I am staying in town this weekend and I am going to try out a few of the gym's classes. So I am pretty pumped about that. Another thing I am extremely excited about is on Saturday the bf and I are going to a petting zoo. Now that is one thing I will never get too old for. I am an animal lover for sure. I guess it is because I was always around animals growing up. I wouldn't say we lived on a farm but we always had some kind of animal running around. From goats, chickens, ducks, bunnies, horses, dogs, birds, a hedgehog, a snake, I could go on and on. So I can't wait to share my time with you at the petting zoo and how my workout classes go on Monday. So make sure you check it out and have a
HAPPY FRIDAY:)
 
 
Day 128:
Breakfast: smoothie (blueberries, spinach, 1 1/2 tbsp of pb, 1 banana, flax seed, light soy milk, and 2 ice cubes
Snack: 2 eggs with 1 tsp of sugar free syrup and parm cheese
Lunch: Belly Shrinkin Mexican Casserole
Snack: fresh pear and edameme
Dinner: 
 
77 days no diet mountain dew- 31 days no soda
 
60 days till final goal



No comments:

Post a Comment