Wednesday, June 19, 2013

For All You Bloomin Onion Lovers

I am sure many of you have had the Outback Bloomin Onion. It's pretty fantastic isn't it? But have you really ever thought about what you are really putting in your mouth, the calories, the carbs, the sugar, I could go on but I will let you see for yourself.
 

 
Calories: 326 per serving: Total 1,956
 
 
Carbs: 20 per serving: Total 117
Total Fat: 27g per serving: Total 161 g
Sugars: 5g per serving: Total 28g
Sodium: 684 mg per serving: Total 4102 mg
I received this info from the Outback Official Website.  (This is just some of the nutritional value)
 
So I got to thinking how could I make my own version of the blooming onion? Then I remembered when I made the homemade mozzarella sticks and thought, why wouldn't it work for this?
 
So I got busy in the kitchen and pulled everything out that I needed.
 
What you will need
1 white onion
flax seed
seasonings ( I used garlic salt and italian seasoning)
1 egg
 
 
Preheat oven to 350"
 
Start by chopping your onion into small pieces (sorry look below I am not sure how to describe how to cut them ha)
Then like I did with my mozzarella sticks dip the onion into the beaten egg and then into the flax seed. (make sure you add your seasoning to your flax seed.
Then put on a baking sheet and let cook for 15 to 20  minutes (once again it depends on the oven.)

 
Take out when crispy on the outside.
Then enjoy your healthy  " NON Bloomin Onion". I dipped mine in siraracha hot sauce.

 
Later that evening I got a little hungry and almost went over and got some frozen yogurt but I decided to make me a salad instead. Good choice for me :)

 
 
Today's Workout
 
Week 3 Workout 2
 
Treadmill 20 min. : 5 mins incline 15, 3.5 mph - 5 mins incline 0, speed 5.0 - 5 mins incline 15, 4.0 mph - 3 mins incline 0, 5.5 mph, 1 min 6.0, 1 min (cool down) 3.5
 
Full Body Workout
Arms
30 second bridge
10 tricep dips
10 incline pull ups
5 burpees
Legs
10 squats
20 lunges 10 side lunges
15 cafe raises
5 jump squats
Back
20 bird dogs
30 second superman
30 second bridge
15 second bridge
30 second superman
Core
30 second plank
15 vertical leg crunches
20 oblique crunches
20 second side plank (both sides)
30 second plank
 
10 mins bicycle (cool down)
 
Day 127:
Postworkout smoothie: handful of spinach, 2 tbsp of pb, fresh blueberries, 1/2 banana, flax seed, almond milk and 2 ice cubes.
Breakfast: 2 eggs with onion, spinach, and tsp of parm cheese with hot sauce.
Snack: non fat yogurt
Lunch: Belly Shrinking Mexican Casserole
Snack:  dry roasted edamame spicy wasabi ( going to talk about these tomorrow) then work had a snack buffet today and I had some mixed fruit with celery and hummus. I love when work has healthy snacks :)
Dinner: turkey burger with sriracha hot sauce
 
76 days no diet mountain dew- 30 days no soda
 
61 days till final goal


 

2 comments:

  1. Wow... I'd never heard of the meal, but yours sounds so much better! What a delicious meal :D xx
    Gemma | ♥ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl!! I have to say they were pretty great. If you try them let me know how they turn out. I just checked out your blog and it is fabulous, cant't wait to read more:)


      xoMelissa

      Delete