Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Chicken, Asparagus, Broccoli and Quinoa Casserole

Last night was a exciting night. The bf and I went to his sister's husbands parents house for their gender reveal party. The waiting has killed us all. I defiantly decided we are all very impatient. (well I already knew this about me ha) So finally after waiting on her to get there is was time. They had cupcakes filled with either pink or blue. Butttt I can't share yet because she has only told family. What do you think the gender is?
 
 
The mommy to be!
(the colored cupcakes are red velvet, the gender reveal is inside)

 

 
After I got home I was exhausted from all the excitement but I knew I needed to cook my lunch for the week. Thank goodness I left work early so I had time to run by the store before the party. I am pretty excited about this new recipe. Even though  I was super full from dinner I still wanted to try a bite to make sure it was delish. It was :)
 
What you will need
(for some reason my picture that shows all ingredients wouldn't load)
ground turkey
asparagus (1 batch but I don't use the bottoms)
broccoli (1 /12 cups)
low fat cottage cheese (2 cups)
mozzarella cheese ( 1 handful)
quinoa
garlic salt
crushed red pepper
2 eggs
minced onion
 
Preheat oven 350'

 
After cooking your ground chicken and quinoa. Mix all ingredients together in large bowl (you decide how much seasoning you want)

 
Then pour in cooking dish and stick in oven. I added more crushed red pepper and salt in pepper to the top. Let cook for about 30 minutes. (ovens vary)

 
Then sprinkle your mozzarella cheese to the top and continue cooking until cheese is melted.

 
Then enjoy! Great for leftovers.
 
Week 9  Workout 1
 
1.75 miles on treadmill
 
100 jumping jacks
10 push ups
15 jump squats
30 high knees
50 bicycles crunche
10 push ups
20 incline sit ups
 
10 minutes elliptical
 
Day 167:
Post workout smoothie: flaxseed, strawberries, 1 small banana, almond milk and 1 ice cube
Breakfast: 2 eggs with 25 almonds, 3 tiny squares of dark chocolate and 2 yogurt covered peanuts
Lunch: Chicken, Asparagus, Broccoli and Quinoa Casserole
Snack: veggie, fruit, hummus (work snack, I love it when they have healthy snacks)
Dinner: Thai (chicken and veggies)
 
116 no diet mountain dew- 70 days no soda
 
20 days final goal
 
30 days BEACH VACATION. Better get swimsuit ready :)
 
47 days 1st 5k
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment