Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Skinny Enchilada Casserole

I tend to lean towards Mexican dishes whenever I prepare my lunches for the week on Sunday because well it is hard for me to get sick of it. Now I do have to switch it up sometimes so I thought I would share what I made this past Sunday evening.

What you will need
Sun dried tomato quinoa
enchilada sauce
black beans (drained)
rotel tomatoes and green chilies
ground chicken
green pepper
red pepper
onion
taco seasoning
low fat cheese
 
 
 
Preheat oven 350'
 
Start by chopping up your veggies

 
After your ground chicken is fully cooked add your veggies and let cook for about 5 minutes on high. (you might need to add a little water)

 
Then add your taco seasoning and a cup of water. Let cook till fully absorbed.

 
While that is cooking, cook your quinoa.
 
Then pour in the bottom of your baking dish.

 
Then add half of your meat and veggie mixture,

 
1/2 of your rotel tomatoes and black beans,

 
1/2 of the enchilada sauce,

 
and 1/2 of the cheese.
 

 
Then repeat.

 
Let bake for about 20 minutes or until cheese is fully melted and golden.

 
This was my dinner for Sunday evening. I had also cooked some fresh cabbage from the farmer's market to go along with it and added some fresh salsa to my casserole. Delish!!

 
 
Like I mentioned yesterday today is the day that I start training for my very 1st 5k. I am pretty excited about it because I have always wanted to do one but to be honest I have always been to lazy. So I have set the date. September 14th I will be going to Concord, NC to run in my first 5k. I finished my first round today and I feel pretty good.
 
Week 6 Workout 1
 
Treadmill: 20 minutes
-walked incline 4 minutes to warm up on 4.0 mph
-jogged 1 mile on 6.0 mph. (oh yeah without stopping)
-finished up the 20 minutes walking incline at 15 at 4.0 mph
 
Ab workout (this was killer)
*5 rounds
10 sit ups
10 crunches
10 vertical sit ups
20 reverse sit ups
1 minute plank
 
Day 146:
Post workout smoothie: 1/2 peach, blueberries, 1 small banana, flax seed, light soy milk and 2 ice cubes
Breakfast: 2 medium eggs with sugar free syrup (1 tsp)
Snack: 15 almonds
Lunch: Skinny Enchilada Casserole
Snack: grilled asparagus, fresh fruit and the last of my fit popcorn (not even a cup)
Dinner: Turkey sausage with reduced fat cheese salad with hot sauce and low fat yogurt ceasar dressing. 2 tbsp Skinny Me Pimento Cheese with broccoli
 
95 days no diet mountain dew- 49 days no soda
 
41 days final goal
 
68 days till 1st 5k
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment