Monday, July 8, 2013

Farmer's Market

Saturday after I went to the gym I got the bf to go with my to the local farmer's market. I had never been so I wanted to see what it was all about. I was super excited about seeing all the local veggies, fruits, meat, etc. Once we got there I was in veggie heaven. Everything looked so fresh and delicious so I got my wallet out and began purchasing. Here are some of the great finds!


Cabbage
Corn (white and yellow)
garlic
peaches
salsa
hot sauce
string beans
 

 
The salsa and hot sauce were made by a local and when I say local I mean it. He literally lives 3 house down from my apt and he makes it from home. Both were so very tasty.

 
I love any kind of fresh flowers. I got these 13 for $1. Aren't they beauties?

 
When I got home I right away started stringing the beans so I could take them to the cookout I was going to later.



I used to love stringing beans when I was a kid. I guess things haven't changed.
 
 
Motor was very jealous of all my finds because she wasn't getting any attention so she decided she would just sit on all my bags from the day. Gotta love her, look at that face she if giving me :)

 
Now I didn't get this at the farmer's market but I wanted to share it. I love popcorn but of course gave it up when I changed my eating habits. But when I was shopping the other day I found this. For the whole bag it only has 260 calories. (it's a pretty big bag)
 
I definitely will make the Farmer's Market a thing I do every Saturday. It prepares me for the week and I love that I get to support local farmer's.
 
 I begin my training schedule tomorrow for my very 1st 5k. I'm pretty pumped:)
 
Week 5 Workout 4
Treadmill 20 minutes: 4 minutes 15 incline 4.5 mph- 6 minutes 0 incline 6.0 mph- 4 minutes 15 incline 4.5- 5 minutes 0 incline - 6 minutes 0 incline 5.5 mph
 
100 jumping jacks
wall sit
10 push ups
3 times 10 incline sit ups
reverse incline sit ups
 
arm weights (10 minutes)
 
elliptical (cool down)
10 minutes
 
 
Day 143:
Breakfast: smoothie: strawberries, 1 small banana, flax seed, light soy milk and 2 ice cubes
Lunch:spaghetti squash with pizza sauce and turkey pepperonis
Dinner: corn and green beans 
 
Day 144:
Cheat day
Breakfast: salad with low fat yogurt dressing (weird I know but I ate it before I went to a baby shower)
Baby Shower: pimento cheese, chicken salad, veggies,nuts and mints
Snack: three small ribs from the cookout the previous night
Dinner:Skinny Enchilada Casserole (check out tomorrow for the by step recipe)
 
Day 145:
Breakfast: smoothie (1 small banana, blueberries, sf and ff cheesecake jello, flax seed, light soy milk and 1 ice cube)
Snack: 2 eggs with hot sauce and some almonds
Lunch: Skinny Enchilada Casserole
Snack: Fit popcorn with blacked eyed hummus and a small spoonfull of pimento cheese (the catered it at work for a snack I couldn't resisit) :)
Dinner: my favorite thai place opened back up so the bf and I went there where I had the usual chicken and veggies. Later on I found myself a little hungry so I had a few bites of my Skinny Enchilada Casserole leftover and a few turkey pepperonis.
 
 
94 days no diet mountain dew - 48 days no soda
 
 
42 days till final goal. No more cheat days until reached goal


No comments:

Post a Comment