Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Sweet Potato Fries

I mentioned yesterday that I was doing my first Body Pump class. I absolutely loved it. It literally worked every part of your body. I was pretty excited because I was the only beginner/ first timer in the class and I kept up with everyone and used the same amount of weights (as some of the people). Now I am not going to lie, when I got out of bed this morning to go to the gym I could feel it. I love that feeling because you know that you actually worked it.I want to try to at least do the class once a week but I need to continue doing my 5k training since it is getting so close. But if you have never done a Body Pump class I would definitely suggest it. You will be happy you do.
 
Now on the way home I stopped by the store to pick up some fresh produce for dinner. When I got home I made me a quick salad to hold me over while I made me some sweet potato fries.
 
(romaine lettuce, broccoli, parm cheese, low fat yogurt dressing and sriracha hot sauce)

Yeap you heard me right sweet potato fries. I can't wait to tell my mom I ate sweet potatoes. I remember when I was younger the thought of a sweet potato made me gag. I was a pure potato gal. But I read how healthy they are for you and decided to give them a try. I mean my taste buds have change since I was a kid. So I began by chopping up the potato and preheating my oven to 400'
 
 
I then put the fries in a large bowl

 
and added 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
garlic salt
and minced onion.

 
Then popped in the oven and let cook until they were crunchy (about 20 to 30 minutes)

 
Then enjoyed with 2 tablespoons of ketchup!

 
I absolutely was shocked how good they were. It just goes to show that your taste buds do change. So it is always a good idea to try that one veggie that you hated growing up.
 
 
Week 7 Workout 2
 
Since I did a lot of weights and circuit training yesterday and my body probably couldn't have handled another squat or lunge today I decided to keep it straight cardio.
 
With my 5k training I had to add .25 mile to my run this morning
 
Treadmill 20 minutes:
1.25 mile- incline 0- 6.0 mph
finished with incline 15- 4.0 mph
 
Bike level 4 -10 minutes
 
Day 154:
Post workout smoothie: 1 cup of peaches, 1 cup of strawberries, 2tbsp flax seed, light soy milk and 2 ice cubes
Breakfast: 2 large eggs
Snack:: almonds
Lunch: spaghetti squash with low sugar marinara, very little lean ground beef (94%) and grilled chicken with veggies.
Snack: small peach with blueberries and strawberries
Dinner:
 
103 days no diet mountain dew- 57 days no soda
 
33 days final goal
 
60 days first 5k

 




No comments:

Post a Comment