Thursday, July 18, 2013

Turkey Sausage, Broccoli, Quinoa Casserole

At the beginning of the week I shared that this is the week out of the month that I am on an extreme budget. So I have been making things that arn't expensive and don't take a lot of ingredients. So at the beginning of the week I of course made my Skinny Spaghetti with spaghetti squash, low sugar marinara and learn (94%) ground beef. But I can't eat that for every meal everyday of the week. So last night I came up with something that I have never cooked before so I am  pretty excited about sharing this today. Great thing is everything cost a whooping $ 12
 
What you will need
turkey sausage
2 eggs
1 package of broccoli florets
veggie quinoa
reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese
minced onion
garlic salt

 
Preheat your oven to 350'
 
Start by cooking your turkey sausage, quinoa and broccoli.
Mix all ingredients together.
All turkey sausage, quinoa, 2 eggs, minced onion, 1 package of steamed broccoli, 3/4 cup of reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese, 1 tbsp of garlic salt.

 
Pour into cooking dish.
Cook in oven for about 20 minutes.

 
Then sprinkle reduced fat cheddar cheese on top. Cook for another 5ish minutes.
Once fully cooked (stick a fork in the middle to check)

 
Then enjoy your Turkey Sausage, Broccoli, Quinoa Casserole. This is great because it is so inexpensive, healthy, low carb, and makes several servings.

 
 
Week 7 Workout 3
 
1.25 mile: 0 incline- went between 5.5 to 6.0 mph
 
full arm weights (15 minutes)
 
elliptical on interval training for 15 minutes
 
3 times 15 incline sit ups
 
3 time 15 reverse sit ups
 
 
Day 155:
Post workout smoothie: 1 cup of strawberries, almond milk and 2 ice cubes
Breakfast: 2 eggs with almonds (25)
Lunch: Turkey Sausage, Broccoli, Quinoa Casserole
Snack: 2 small peaches
Dinner: I went on a double date with the bf and his sister and husband to a restaurant that I had never been to called the Back Porch. It was absolutely amazing and so so clean. I loved it. I had a grilled chicken salad with strawberries, pecans, crumbled blue cheese with romaine lettuce and raspberry vinaigrette. If you are in the area check it out. You will be glad you did.
 
104 days no diet mountain dew- 58 days no soda
 
32 days final goal
 
59 days 1st 5k



No comments:

Post a Comment