Thursday, August 8, 2013

Pumpkin Muffins

 
I love fall it is my favorite part of the year. Everything from warm fires, a lot of family time, boots, scarves, comfy clothes, college football, the beginning of the holiday season and of course ANYTHING pumpkin. I am starting to get fall fever so last night I decided to make something pumpkin. I quickly remembered all the yummy pumpkin treats I made last year were in no way healthy. So I went to the grocery store and started looking. This is what I came up with, you are gonna want to try this!!
 
PUMPKIN MUFFINS
Sugar free- less than 100 calories- no eggs
 
What you will need
Sugar free Cinnamon swirl muffin mix
flax seed
pure pumpkin
 
Preheat oven 375'
 
Mix all ingredients together.
All muffin mix, full can of pumpkin, 2 tbsps of flax seed and I filled 1/2 the pumpkin can of water.

 
Once fully mixed,

 
fill each cupcake holder with 2 spoonful's of mixture.

 
Place in the oven and let cook for about 15 mins or until you stick a knife in one and it doesn't stick.

 
Let cool for about 5 mintues.
 
Then get ready to taste a little bit of pure heaven.
I had to put them away so I didn't eat them all.

 
I brought them to work today and offered them to all my coworkers. When I told them all the healthy things about them they were a little hesitant but finally tried them and loved them.
I can't wait to make these for my family for Thanksgiving!!
 
I also wanted to share my dinner last night. The bf and I went to Panera and I got a salad that I had never had before and holy moly it was amazing. It was the Chopped Thai Chicken salad. The great thing about it is it only has 470 calories. I actually got it without the noodles and dressing on the side so it would actually be less calories that that. It also came with a delicious cold(I love my apples cold) apple.I would suggest everyone try this one out! Oh and it is only $8.79 and you will be so full!

 
Week 10 Workout 3
My workout this morning was not the easiest. I woke up feeling sluggish and almost went to back to bed but I knew that the 5k is getting closer and I don't have time to sleep in.
It was a sweaty workout I will say that!

 
 
 I have had a good amount of people email me asking about my Date Jar and what types of ideas I put in it. So I thought I would share a handful of them
 
1. You get to pick all of  Saturday's activities and your date has to do whatever it is.
2. Your date has to treat you to your favorite restaurant this week
3. Your date has to buy you a surprise under $20 this week.
4. Go for a hike. Somewhere you both have never been
5. Go to the zoo
6. Go get frozen yogurt after dinner
7. Take a walk at sunset
8: Write 10 things you love most about your date.
9: Your date has to cook you a surprise dinner this week.
10. Date night with a budget of $20
11: Movie night. Each of you pick your favorite movie and favorite snack
12: Go to a water park or kayaking
13: Have a picnic with all homemade dishes
14: Go for a jog together.
15: Make a bonfire and sit around in comfy clothes making smores and enjoy nature. (Hopefully I get this one later in the season ha)
 
I know some might be cheesy and some might not seem like a date but sometimes the smallest things make the biggest memories. 
 
 
Day 176:
Breakfast: 2 eggs with hot sauce
Snack: 20 almonds, 4 tiny squares of dark chocolate and 2 yogurt covered peanuts
Lunch: low calorie broccoli soup
Snack: 2 of my pumpkin muffins :)
Dinner: Viva La Pasta (recipe tomorrow)
 
125 days no diet mountain dew- 79 days no soda
 
11 days ultimate goal
 
21 days vaca
 
37 days 1st 5k
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment