Friday, August 9, 2013

Viva La Pasta

I wanted to start out with a little motivation. Since the weekend is finally here (woohoo) some people might need some extra motivation that live a healthy lifestyle. With all the cookouts, laying out by the pool, late night dinners, I mean the list could go on and on but I think you get the point. I know for me it is especially hard and very tempting on the weekends because I don't have my set meal plan that I plan the night before. But honestly the best feeling is on Monday when you know you haven't blown away a whole week of hard work.
 
"The principle is competing against yourself. It's about self- improvement, about being better than you were the day before."  steve young

If I can do it, anyone can!
 
(I'm so cheesy, I know ha)
 
 
Now to the foooooodd.....
 
Whoever said Italian food makes your gain weight, I am here today to prove them wrong. One of my coworkers yesterday told me about these gluten free black bean noodles that were just made of black beans and water. I immediately wanted to try them, so she picked me up a bag when she went to the store at lunch. So I decdided I was going to make pasta for dinner but I wanted to try something a little different. I normally just buy a can of spaghetti sauce just because it is easy and cheap. But if you look on the label there are somethings that I try to keep out of my diet (lifestyle). For example the sugar. It is crazy how much sugar some of the sauces have. So I told myself I was going to make homemade marinara sauce.
 
 
What you will need for the sauce
ground chicken
organic crushed tomatoes
1/2 onion
3 garlic cloves-minced
Italian seasoning
3 bay leaves
crushed red pepper
 
 
Noodles
Gluten free organic black bean spaghetti shape
 
Topping
small spoonful of low fat cottage cheese


 
They remind me of worms :) Hey if worms tasted like this I would eat them ha

 
Start by chopping up your onion and garlic while your ground chicken is cooking. Then add to your (cooked) ground chicken and let cook on high for about 5 minutes.
 
Then add your sauce and all your seasonings. I will let you decide how much seasoning you like. Everyone is different.
 
Then cover and let cook for about 20 minutes. While that is cooking start your noodles. The noodles cook very fast . They only took about 10 minutes tops.
 
After everything smells delicious and the noodles are soft,

(This is before I stirred all the seasonings in)
 
Stuff your face with this delicious pasta without worrying about destroying all your hard work.

 
VIVA LA PASTA!!!
 
After I was finished, I packed my lunch for today and added some yummy, fresh fruit with my pasta.

 
Week 10 Workout 4

 
after this I rode the bike on the rolling hills level for 20 minutes.
 
 
Day 177:
Breakfast: 2 eggs with hot sauce and apple and green grapes
Snack: 20 almonds 4 tiny pieces of dark chocolate
Lunch: Viva La Pasta
Snack: 2 pumpkin muffins
Dinner: Viva La Pasta and a side salad
 
 
126 days no diet mountain dew- 80 days no soda
 
10 days till ultimate goal
 
20 days till vaca
 
36 days 1st 5k
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment