Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Polar FT4 & Kale Chips

So I am pretty excited to share a few things today and I am going to start with my new watch. The bf surprised me with a watch that I have been wanting for a while now. The Polar FT4. I mainly wanted it to keep up with calories burned during my workouts. But with all the special features it will help me train even harder for all my future races. I am super excited to set this baby up and begin my training with it.

 
Of course it's pink :)

 
Another thing I wanted to share is my new favorite snack. I have heard the new rave about kale chips but I had never tried them. Something about putting lettuce like food in the oven to bake just didn't appeal to me. But I am always in need of a new snack so last night I tried it out.
 
Start by thoroughly washing your kale and preheating your oven to 400'
 
The tear off all the leafy parts from the stem and make them into bite size pieces. (Don't make them too small because they do shrink up)

 
Then in a mixing bowl add all your seasoning that you want to add. I added garlic salt, minced onion and crushed red pepper. Then mix in a small amount of extra virgin olive oil. Make sure everything is mixed evenly.
 

 
Then spread out all pieces on a baking dish.

 
Let cook until all pieces are crispy. Make sure you don't burn them. (mine took about 15 mins)

 
Then pack them up and you have a healthy, crispy, non expensive, extremely low calorie  snack for work the next day! Beat that Doritos :)

 
Week 10 Workout 2
 
2.0 miles on the treadmill- best time so far (I think I am getting a hang of this whole running thing, finally)
 
5 rounds of each
5 burpees
10 pushups
15 situps
20 squats
 
leg weight machines
 
10 minutes on elliptical
 
 
Day 175:
Breakfast: substitute egg with sugar free syrup
Snack: 20 almonds, 4 tiny squares of dark chocolate and 2 small yogurt covered peanuts
Lunch: low calorie broccoli soup (kale chips throughout the day)
Snack: thinkthin protein bar. 
Dinner: Chopped Thai Chicken Salad
Dessert: 1 1/2 pumkin muffins (see recipe tomorrow)
 
124 days no diet mountain dew- 78 days no soda
 
12 days till ultimate goal
 
22 days till vacation
 
38 days 1st 5k

 
 


4 comments:

  1. How do you like your new watch!? I got mine a while back and love it. I can admit, it was a shock to see the actual amount of calories I was burning (much lower than expected), but it causes me to push even harder now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am still trying to figure it out :) I haven't set it up yet because I am not sure how the monitor thing around your waist works. Is that how you set your watch or what is the easiest way to get started? Advise would be wonderful!! Also does it show the distance you run?

      Delete