Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Amelia Island Part 2

Like I said yesterday after my mom and I finished the 5k we went home to get cleaned up and headed out to the farmers market. It was a super hot day so we stopped by the local coffee shop for something cool to drink.

 
I have a new love for farmer's markets. There is just something about the fresh fruit and veggies, homemade soaps, candles, fresh flowers, hot sauces, salsas, etc.

 
These were the most colorful, soaps I have ever seen.

 
Some yummy dips and hot sauces.

 
Fresh veggies

 
My sweet momma carrying all our goodies home in her basket.

 
Here are my yummy finds.
 

Snake Bite hot Sauce... AMAZING
 
Honestly the best salsa I have ever had. (a little pricey though)

 
I am loving all these new types of noodles being made. Veggies made into noddles? Yes please.
I had these last night and they are addicting.

 
After we got home from the farmer's market we changed again into workout clothes and set off for a "short" bike ride according to my daddy. But when he says that I know I better prepare myself for a very long ride.

 
We biked on a trail that goes across a lot of Amelia Island. The views are so worth it.
Of course we have to take breaks for some pictures.


 
We saw this little guy crossing the road. I thought I was going to have to beat someone up because he looked like he was going to run over him. He better be glad be didn't or he would have me to deal with ha:)

 
Crossing the fishing bridge

 
Since when did my parents get to be so fun to hang out with. Oh the things you realize when you get older ha.

 
Driftwood Beach.


 
My mom loved these berries. The were so pretty and bright.

 
Going back over the fishing bridge, these are some smart seagulls waiting on some dinner.


 
This is my, mom I'm hot, thirsty and I think I am done taking pictures face. But of course she still insists on taking the picture and I love it:)

 
Results from our "short" bike ride.

 
Continued tomorrow....make sure you check it out!
 
 
Day 200:
Breakfast: 2 eggs with my salsa from the farmer's market
Snack: 20 almonds
Lunch: leftover turkey sausage, peppers and onion pasta with sweet potato noodles with squash and hummus
Snack: 2 small low cal pumpkin muffins and 1/2 green apple.
Dinner: Spinach salad with grilled chicken, salsa, fat free cottage cheese, grilled peppers and a side of asparaguus
 Dessert: sugar free fat free carmel coffee swirl incecream (small scoop)
 
152 days no diet mountain dew
 
11 days till 2nd 5k

 


No comments:

Post a Comment