Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Stuffed Sweet Potato

I am so surprised that I am so obsessed with  sweet potatoes lately.  I remember growing up whenever we would have baked potatoes with dinner mom would always have a sweet potato and I would always gag at the thought of one. But now I can't seem to get enough of them

What you will need
Rotisserie chicken (white meat)
spinach
fat free cottage cheese
enchilada sauce
garlic salt
crushed red pepper
sweet potatoes
 

Start by baking your sweet potatoes for about 40 minutes on 375' or until soft.

 
While they are baking, shred your chicken (only white meat)

 
Once they are soft enough to cut. Cut down the middle. Warning they are going to be  hot. Like really hot so I let them cool for a few minutes.

 
I then scooped out the middle and put in large mixing bowl.

 
I was surprised how well they stayed together.

 
Once you have all your filling in a bowl, add you chicken, spinach, cottage cheese, seasonings, and enchilada sauce.
 
Then get to stuffin!

 
Once they are all stuffed (you will have some stuffing left over) put back in the oven for about 10 minutes. Then take out and add skim mozzarella cheese and let bake until the cheese is melted.
 
 
Let cool!

 


 oh baby, oh baby these were beyond delicious.
 

 
If you like sweet potatoes this is definitely a recipe to try. This will be fabulous for the holidays.
 
 
Now to the workout. With my gym membership I also get to attend all the classes. So this morning when my alarm went off I decided I wanted to try out a class tonight instead of my morning workout. So I will let you know how it goes tomorrow.
 
 
Day 220:
Breakfast: 2 eggs with sugar free syrup ,skim mozz cheese, spinach and fat free cottage cheese
Snack: 25 almonds
Lunch: Stuffed Sweet Potato and pumpkin cake
Snack: protein bar before workout
Dinner: Stuffed sweet potato ( I tell ya I love these things but I am only eating half each meal) spaghetti squash with marinara and fat free cottage cheese. An icy pop and a few pieces of candy :/ I couldn't resist. I had a major sweet tooth last night!!

171 days no diet mountain dew

Next 5k Oct 12th or 19th

21 days till new goal weight: 6 pounds

49 days till new ultimate goal: the last 8 pounds.

191 days till 1st 10k

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment