Monday, September 23, 2013

Interview with Anna Stocker

Hope everyone had a safe and great weekend! My post is going to be somewhat different today.
 
I got the chance to interview Anna Stocker from Healthy Living Maintenance. She is a healthy living blogger like myself but she focuses on maintenance. Her blog gives great tips on how to maintain your weight loss along with great recipes.
Make sure you check out her blog, you will love it!!
 
 
 
 
So here we go!!!!
 
1. What made you to decide to become a healthier version of yourself and how is it different from before?
 
I had finally come to the realization that I was NOT healthy. I was working at a fitness club, surrounded by all of these amazingly fit individuals. And then there was me; getting fast food all the time, never working out, etc. Working there, we had an option to get fitness tests done by the personal trainers - lets just say the day I had mine was the day I knew my life was going to be changed forever. I knew the second I stepped off that scale, I was going to start working on getting my life to my much healthier place. And the rest is history :)

2. What is your favorite go to meal and what are you favorite snacks?

Roasted veggies and grilled shrimp (salmon or tilapia works great, too!). Ok, there is no denying it... I am addicted to roasted veggies (year round) - Especially now with the abundance of fresh produce I can get from the Farmers Markets :) Zucchini, yellow squash, acorn squash, butternut squash, spaghetti squash, carrots, onions, sweet potato... I just love them all!
As far as snacks go.. 1) Greek Yogurt, 2) PB2 and sliced apples (or just pb2 on its own.. yum!), 3) Air popped popcorn (if you haven't invested in an air popper yet.. you should!), 4) Veggies & Hummus, 5) Frozen Yogurt (Menchies Frozen Yogurt is my all time favorite - they even have Low Carb/Low Sugar flavors!), 6) The Perfect SNAQUE products, 7) My Crust-less Pumpkin Pies

 

3. How do you keep your healthy lifestyle with parties, holidays, weddings and any get together with tempting treats?
Well, I'll bring up this one small thing... its called GLUTEN. I don't like Gluten and Gluten doesn't like me. It makes me sick, gives me headaches, causes excruciating stomach pains. In early 2012 I found out that I'm Gluten Intolerant and have since lived a completely Gluten-Free lifestyle. That being said most parties/weddings/get together have DELICIOUS looking treats (that sadly) that contain gluten... so I don't even risk it. Another big point I want to touch on is the fact that since changing my lifestyle, I rarely eat treats/sweets/all around "junk food". I lost my weight very slowly over the course of 3 years, so I learned to just live without that type of food. Now, that doesn't mean that I don't treat myself every so often. I think moderation is really important - and i'll admit that there are some days where i'll go get a giant bowl of froyo from menchies... #treatyoself.

4. How often do you exercise and what is your favorite?
I exercise 5-6 days a week - most of which is at home :) I wake up at 5:15 everyday before work and work out in my living room at home. I love Taebo and Insanity videos - there are so many options and I'm able to get a different (and fun!) workout in everyday! Our complex also has a small gym, which I'm seldom use to go on the treadmill (when my knee isn't bothering me, of course). I know morning workouts are not for everybody, but I absolutely LOVE them. I can get my workout done in the morning, it gets me energized and KEEPS me energized throughout the day, and I can focus on other things at night; like my Grad school homework, or cooking and relaxing with my Fiance! :)

5. What is typically in your grocery cart?
Lots of stuff :) I actually have a a "Grocery List" link on my blog that goes over each category! : http://healthylivingmaintenance.tumblr.com/grocerylist)

6. What is your best advice to someone who wants to change their lifestyle?
The most important thing to remember - Focus on your goals. You can always say “i’ll start my lifestyle change tomorrow"… but why not today?! Don’t you want to live a longer, healthy life and enjoy the time you have with the people that matter most to you? Focus on being the healthiest YOU possible. You’ll be shocked what eating healthier food choices or getting more active can do for your mind, body and spirit. Its amazing and you may even inspire yourself.

7. Everyone has to treat themselves every once in a while. What is your go to treat?
Oops, I should have looked through all the questions before answering. Well, as you can see above... FROZEN YOGURT. Nom. Menchies Frozen Yogurt has "Devils Food Cake" (its GF!) flavor that is low carb and low sugar, only 45 calories per serving. So... I get a GIANT bowl (seriously, giant) and put on a bunch of fun toppings like shredded coconut, cacao nibs and rainbow sprinkles. Sometimes i'll just get a container of it to go and mix in some PB2 when I get home. Its like a giant frozen reeses peanut butter in a bowl... need I say more?

8. How has changing your lifestyle changed your life?
 
 
I am ME now. I am who I've meant to be all along. I am happy, I am healthy, I love myself, I love my life and I appreciate everything I have. I worked hard to get to this place, but it was worth every step, every stride, every bead of sweat and every recipe fail. I've learned from it all and I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be.

9. Why did you decide to start a blog?
Last year, I started posting pictures of recipes I would make on my Facebook - those ended up getting lots of feedback and I would also get emails from various facebook friends asking about my workouts, health, lifestyle change and weight loss. I found myself sending the same emails with the same advice or tips numerous times a week... so why not start a blog?! I was also really inspired by Taralynn Mcnitt and her Undressed Skeleton page; she has been one of my biggest supporters and advocates to get my blog up and running.
On another note - I highly recommend anyone to start a blog ; even if one person looks at it or 10,000. Blogging is an amazing way to get your passions out for the world to see. I love my full time job as a Student Advisor in Higher Education (its what I went to school for), but I also have this passion of fitness, food and health... and blogging is an outlet for me to share my knowledge and experience with whoever wants to read it :)

10. Your getting married this year. How excited are you about your big day? Can you give us a little preview?
Getting married?! Why yes I am :) I am SO SO SOOOO excited! Plans are coming together perfectly and we are so excited for next May! Church is booked, reception site is booked, DJ booked, Photobooth booked, Dress bought, Bridesmaid Dresses bought, Rings bought, Gigis Cupcakes booked (and we're having some Gluten Free cupcakes, of course!). We also recently got our engagement photos taken, and i've included a few below. I'm basically obsessed with them....



 
I am so glad that Anna took the time to let me interview her. I loved learning about her healthy lifestyle and also some yummy recipes along the way. She is a real inspiration and I wish her nothing but the best on her BIG day!!
 
Thank you Anna and Congrats!
 
 
 
 
Day 217:
Breakfast: yogurt and coffee
Snack: grapes
Lunch: turkey Burger on lettuce with spaghetti squash with low sugar marinara and skim mozz cheese
Snack: grapes
Dinner: grilled chicken salad with no dressing (used a little A1)
 
Day 218:
Breakfast:  yogurt
Snack: skip
Lunch: small amount of meatloaf
Snack: grapes
Dinner: Cheesy pasta (recipe tomorrow) small zucchini pizzas and pumpkin cake (recipe tomorrow)
 
Day 219:
Breakfast: 2 eggs with sugar free syrup and skim mozz cheese
Snack: 25 almonds and 1 piece of dried banana
Lunch: Cheesy pasta
Snack: pumpkin cake
Dinner: spaghetti squash with low sugar marinara with skim mozz cheese and zucchini and cauliflower pizzas (icy pop)
 
 
169 days no diet mountain dew

Next 5k Oct 12th or 19th

15 days till new goal weight: (4 more pounds what what)

193 days till 1st 10k
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment