Thursday, September 26, 2013

New class, Recommitment, Update

Last night after work I went straight to the gym to try out a class that I haven't been to yet. I got there a little early so I warmed up on the elliptical till the class got started. It was called butts and guts. I thought it was going to be more of a sit ups and squats class but it ended up being like a zumba class. The director was great but I just don't feel like I get much of a workout in that type of class.
During the 40 minute class I only burnt 239 calories.

 
 
So I think I will just stick with my own workouts.
 
This week has been really hard for me to get to the gym. I just haven't been as motivated as I normally am. So I looked for some tips to make sure I get back on track fast!
 

 
These tips are great. My favorite is "Don't let a bad week turn into a bad month". I think everyone is bound to have an off week every now and then. The most important thing is that you don't give up and go back to your old habits. Although I really haven't done that bad this week, I can see myself picking back up my bad habits that I have worked so hard to give up. Today is the day to recommit!!


 
Now to an update on my parents journey. Yesterday they reached the Grand Canyon.
I have spoke to them daily and it looks like they are having the time of their lives.
 

My dad is waiting to hear today if he made the cut to get to go hiking to the bottom and camping for then night.
 

 
My sweet momma is gonna stick with our comfy camper (someone has to watch the dog, right?). I don't blame her.
 
 

 
Day 220:
Breakfast: 1/2 grapefruit and green grapes
Snack: 25 almonds
Lunch: Stuffed Sweet Potato
Snack: spaghetti squash with low sugar marinara and fat free cottage cheese and fruit
Dinner: wendys chili
 
172 days no diet mountain dew

Next 5k Oct 12th or 19th
 
20 days till new goal weight: 6 pounds

48 days till new ultimate goal: the last 8 pounds.

190 days till 1st 10k
 
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment