Monday, September 30, 2013

That Last 13 Pounds and Spicy Turkey Tomato Soup

I am super proud of how far I have come this year with changing my lifestyle but I feel like I need to check myself. I know I spoke about recommitment in my last post so I really want to make sure that I am following through with that. I want to make sure I hit all my ultimate goals. I am going to restart my count and act like this is my first day starting. I am going to make sure that I really get myself excited about going to the gym and eating healthy. I have to keep myself accountable and make sure I don't get distracted. I have made a list of things that are going to help me reach my (new) final goal.
 
1. Drink 1 gallon of water a day
2. No more cheat days
3. Only eat lean meats
4. Weight workouts 4 days a week
5. Then move straight to cardio
7. Have 1 serving of veggies or fruit for every meal
9. No grains
10. Cut out at least 200 calories so having  around 1,200 daily
I hope you will all continue to share this journey with me!

Now to a new yummy recipe.
 
Spicy Turkey Tomato Soup
What you will need
ground turkey
large can crushed tomatoes
1 onion
non fat greek yogurt
2 inches of reduced fat cheese
3 jalapenos
garlic slat
oregano
parsley
crushed red pepper
 
 
Start by chopping and sauteing your onion and jalapenos.

 
Then in your blender mix 1/2 the can crushed tomatoes, onion and jalapenos, greek yogurt and seasonings.

 
Pour in large pot. Add the rest of the crushed tomatoes and fill the can full of water and pour in pot. Then mix.

 
I then added the reduced fat cheese.

 
While that was cooking I cooked my ground turkey.
 
 
Then added it to the pot. I covered and let cook on medium for about 45 minutes.

 
 Then enjoyed my hot soup on a chilly day.

 
 
This is such a great recipe for the fall and winter. Also great for lunches if you have a place to heat it up.
I know I will be enjoying it this week when freezing in my office. (it is always so cold)
 
 
Day1 recommit:
Breakfast: eggs with spinach and sugar free syrup and a skim sugar free hazelnut latte
Snack: 20 almonds
Lunch: spicy turkey tomato soup
Dinner: sweet potato and pinto beans
 
176 days no diet mountain dew

Next 5k Oct 12th or 19th
16 days till new goal weight: 5 pounds

44 days till new ultimate goal: the last 8 pounds.

186 days till 1st 10k


 

No comments:

Post a Comment