Friday, October 4, 2013

Healthy Green Bean Casserole and 10k Training Schedule

When I think about Fall I automatically think about Thanksgiving and comforting foods. This time last year I really wasn't thinking about making healthy decisions during the holidays but this year I want to make sure that I give myself healthy options at each holiday dinner or party that I go to. So over the few weeks I am going to be creating healthy dishes that will keep me on track, hey and maybe help some others out as well.
 
First up, I created a healthy green been casserole.
 
What you will need
3 cans green beans
1 can fat free cream of mushroom
fat free cottage cheese
minced onion
crushed red pepper
skim mozzarella cheese
onion soup mix
 
 
Preheat oven 375'
 
Start by draining beans and mixing them with cottage cheese (3 heaping spoonfuls), 1 can cream of mushroom, minced onion, 1/4 cup of skim mozzarella cheese, black pepper

 
Then pour in baking dish. Let bake for about 35 minutes. (it depends on your oven)

 
Once the middle is fully cooked, sprinkle skim mozzarella cheese and onion soup mix on the top. (the soup mix adds a crunchy onion texture like the crunchy french onion crisps but without all the fat)

 
Then I let cool and enjoyed a nice big serving for dinner. With my apartment smelling like green bean casserole and pumpkin candles I was in pure heaven. I LOVE THIS TIME OF YEAR!

 
After I enjoyed my yummy new creation I decided to be a sweetheart and bake the bf some not so healthy cookies.

 
 They turned out perfect.

 
 
Now this week I shared with ya'll that I have been under the weather so my workouts haven't really been possible. I am now feeling much better and ready to get things back to normal. Starting on Monday I will begin training for my 1st 10k. I am running it in April and I really want to be in tip top shape for it.  I will be sticking to this schedule over the next 2 months and then decide what I need to do from there to be most prepared.


Have a FALLtastic Weekend :)
 
 

Day 5 recommit:
Breakfast: 2 eggs with spinach, fat free cottage cheese, skim mozz cheese and sugar free syrup
Snack: 20 almonds
Lunch: Spaghetti squash with ground chicken, spinach and low sugar marinara sauce with 4 lifesavers
Snack: healthy green bean casserole and some a few spicy peanuts
Dinner: Bbq chicken sqah. sqaush with marinara, and side salad

Day 6 recommit:
BreakfasT: skip
Lunch: fiesta chicken salad with low fat dressing
Dinner: Shrimp, sausage, corn, squash with dip

Day 7 recommit:
Breakfast: skip
Snack: a few bites of sausage
Lunch: fiesta salad
Snack: more leftovers
Dinner: chili
(some candy corn)
 183 days no diet mountain dew

Next 5k Oct 12th or 19th

38 days till (new) ultimate goal
April 4th 1st 10k- 180 days
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment