Thursday, February 6, 2014

Love of Sushi, Special K Challenge & Sticking to Half Marathon Training!!

 
I love sushi but when I changed my eating habits I cut it out of my diet. Not that some sushi can't be healthy but I liked the very unhealthy kind. But last night I decided to treat myself and pick up some sushi on my way home from work. Although I wish they had ones with brown rice but I stayed away from the ones with fatty sauces on top and tempora and I did use low sodium soy sauce.
 
 
 Yum! Such a good treat to myself.
 
Even though I reached my goal weight I have started to feel kind of blah lately. I have a bunch of events comings up and I definitely want to be looking my best. For example my wedding and the bacholorette weekend at the beach. I don't really have a number of pounds that I want to lose I just want to feel better, have more energy, make sure I am eating healthy and getting back in the gym. So I have decided to kick it off  by doing the Special K Challenge starting on Monday. I already love all of their foods so I am thinking this will not be too hard. I am going to start off doing it for two weeks and go from there. Each day I will share my meal plan and calories consumed. I am going to really be working hard these next couple of months to get myself exactly where I want to be for the big day.

 
For the next 2 weeks I will be replacing 2 of my meals with Special K.
 
Here are some examples.

 

 
1 Serving of Special K Granola, Low-Fat Breakfast Cereal contains 190 calories and has 6000 milligrams of protein, 9000 milligrams of sugar, 3000 milligrams of fat, 5000 milligrams of fiber and 0 milligrams of cholesterol.
 
 
There are 110 calories in a 27 chips serving of Kellogg's Special K Cracker Chips
 
 
There 110 calories in 3/4 cup of Special K Vanilla Almond Cereal
 
 
 
I am not much of a shake girl but there are 190 calories in the Special K Protein Shakes.
 
I am really excited because the past couple of months since I reached my goal weight I really haven't had any goals to reach so this will definitely push me to become an even healthier version of myself.
 
The next thing I want to share is something VERY important to me. The biggest goal I made for 2014 was to run a 1/2 marathon. I am very serious about this and will reach that goal. I figured since I am going to be kicking off my newer version of healthy eating on Monday why not start my half marathon training.  Below is the training schedule I am going to be going by. Wish me luck. I will need all the motivation I can get!
 
 
 
 
Countdown till 2 very important events:
85 days Bachelortte Weekend in Florida
127 days till the Wedding


No comments:

Post a Comment