Monday, February 3, 2014

A Waynesvilletastic Weekend

The fiancee and I headed to my hometown for the weekend and I was so excited because it had been a while since I had been home. There is something about the mountains that warm every inch of my heart,
 
 
Saturday morning after eating at Joey's pancake house we headed to the lake where my brother was doing the Polar Plunge. Growing up my family used to go camping with three other families and we used to have our own little polar bear club but I have to say the water was never frozen.  
(they also had a costume contest, hints the ridiculous outfit below)

 
The great thing about this is that all the money that was raised goes to Kids in the Creek. Which I can remember doing when I was a kid. '
 
 
 
Everyone was was waiting around by the fire waiting on all the people to fill out all the paper work. I'm not sure I want to do something where I have to sign a liability form :) The fiance and I are actually thinking about doing it next year.

 
They were prepared :)

 
We were happy to be warm and dry!

 
Then it was time!
 
Ready SET GOOOOO!!!

 
Watching people's reactions were priceless.


 
My brother is pretty awesome I have to say!! Never a dull moment.

 
Of course he had all of his cheerleaders.

 
 The Bowen's never miss anything

 
After the Polar Plunge we headed to our venue for the fiancee to give his thumbs up. Which I am glad he did because my mom had already put down the deposit.

 
I showed him around and it really started to sink in.

 
We chatted about where we wanted things and places we could have the pictures taken.

 
It is so beautiful, everywhere.



 
WE ARE GETTING MARRIED IN 4 1/2 MONTHS!!!

 
HURRY UP JUNE 14th!!

 
That night we met up with all my girlfriends for some birthday fun!

 
“You have the rest of your lives to catch up together. After all, soul mates always end up together.  Girlfriend's are easily forgotten. Best friends stay with you for ever.”
Cecelia Ahern

 
We had a blast catching up, sharing stories and remembering the old times. The best thing about these girls is that you can not see them for months but when you are together it is like we were never apart.
 
 
Nothing will ever be able to change the bond we have!!!

 
MY MOH!

 
I have some good looking bridesmaids wouldn't you say? Here are just a few of them. Love them!!





 
The next day we headed back home and I was glad to just lay around in my pj's and watch movies all day!
 
I have some really exciting things coming up so make sure you check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment