Monday, March 17, 2014

Lonestar, Healthy Meals and Mrs. Kay

This weekend for once actually seemed long and it was so enjoyable. I first wanted to share what I had for lunch with the girls from work on Friday. Check out this pizza. You would think that it was really unhealthy wouldn't you? Well it's not. For the entire pizza it was only around 600 calories and it was huge. It was made with a wheat crust, marinara sauce, low fat mozzarella cheese, sun dried tomatoes, spinach and grilled chicken. It was healthy and delicious.
 
 
Now I will get to the exciting part of my weekend. My mom and sister in law came to town for the Extraordinary Women's Conference 2014. My mom and I went last year and had a blast so we figured we could  make this our little tradition. After work I met them for dinner and couldn't resist taking a picture of this. I am just so ready for spring and summer.

 
After dinner we headed to the auditorium for the first night of the conference. I loved our seats because I had somewhere to prop my feet up and also the view was perfect.

 
The night started and we were ready to have some fun.


Friday night was more of a concert which I thought was awesome because Lonestar preformed and well everyone knows I love country music
 

 
After the concert we headed back to the hotel to get some rest for the next day.
 
That morning after getting ready we headed down to the lobby for breakfast and I was pretty impressed with the healthy options they had. I had a small bowl of Special K cereal and eggs. The egg was a cheese omelet but I took out the cheese and added sugar free syrup. I also had a cup of coffee with hazelnut creamer (no sugar).

 
After we checked out of the hotel we headed back to the conference center and the first speaker up was Pam Tebow ( Tim Tebows mom). We missed the first half of her speech but what I heard was wonderful.

 
After she spoke and some music was played we had a little bit of a mid morning break so we headed out to check out some of the booths.
 
There was one booth that caught my eye (I wish I would have gotten a picture) that had beautiful handmade things all over the table. It was called Rahabs Rope. All the things that were on the table were made by girls that had been rescued from sex trafficking in India. Did you know that approximately 200 women are sold into prostitution in India every day? For us it is hard to imagine isn't it? Standing at that booth it really hit me how lucky and thankful I should be for the life I have lived. I need to do more for others and I plan on doing so. You only have one life to live, don't you want to make a difference? I know I do.
 
Check out the website:
 
In support I bought this journal, that will be great for recipes and ideas for LittleBlueDress.

 
I also bought my mom and I these cute little makeup bags.

 
At lunch I wanted to take mom and my sister in law to one of my favorite lunch places in Greenville. Luna Rosa. It's very quaint and the food in amazing.

 
I had the blacked shrimp salad.
 Spinach, blacked shrimp, goat cheese and pecans
Topped in homemade red wine vinaigrette.

 
I normally eat salads when I go out to dinner and this was one of my top 5 favorites.
 

The also serve gelato but I decided I would just take a picture of it instead of eating it :) The colors were so pretty.
 

 

 
After lunch we headed back to the conference but took our time because it was a beautiful day.
 

 
When we got back there were more speakers and music but the last of the speakers and the end of the conference Mrs. Kay from Duck Dynasty spoke. Her story was so real and she was so honest but yet funny.

 
I enjoyed every minute of my girls weekend and hope we continue to do this every year.
 
After we said our goodbyes I headed home but of course first I had to stop and see this cute face. He is getting so big and so much fun. I can't wait till he is big enough to go and play outside.

 
 
I have a lot of great things to share this week so I hope you will check them out.
 
HAPPY MONDAY BLOGGER FRIENDS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment