Wednesday, May 7, 2014

I'M BACK, 37 Day Challenge with my love & a new recipe

If you have followed my journey for the past year and a half you know that I have made some life changing decisions. I have taken this time to really focus on inner happiness and all around healthy living. You can read my story here and learn what made me want to make the change for good. ( http://littlebluedress4change.blogspot.com/p/about-me.html ) It hasn't been a simple journey I have had many ups and downs but I can honestly say I have never entered that black hole I was once in. For that this journey has been well worth it. But there is something about the cold weather that makes me want to be lazy and eat Southern comfort foods. I mean come on, I'm a mountain girl you know I love me some casseroles, especially my mommas squash casserole. But this morning when I rose out of  bed I knew that it was time to get back to where I was when I started LittleBlueDress. For me if I am not in the right mind set I will stick to something for a few days and then kind of just slack off. I have to be all there and ready to put my entire heart into it. I am not saying that I have gone back to all my unhealthy eating habits and not getting my lazy behind off the couch but I will say I have been eating foods that make me want to be lazy and well they just make me feel bad. If I have learned anything this past year and a half I have learned I have one body and I need to take care of it and love it.
So for the next 37 days I am challenging myself to get back to where I was and really focus on how I treat my body. My fiance and I are also getting married in 37 days so I thought this would be a perfect time for both of us to really get as fit and healthy as we can and he agrees. It is always easier to go to the gym if you have a workout partner and I think this will also give us a great hobby that we can enjoy together, I mean that is if he can keep up. :) So here WE go!!! These next 37 days I am going to be sharing my daily meals, recipes, workouts and the continuing journey to my healthy, happy lifestyle but now I have a partner to do it with me.....my love.
 
Us on my hammock yesterday, I just love that smile!
 
 
So the best way to start it off is a new recipe!!
 
What you will need
chicken strips
broccoli
skim mozz cheese
fat free cream of mushroom soup
fat free greek yogurt
veggie quinoa
substitute egg

 

 
Start by cooking your quinoa (just like you would rice)
 
Once cooked, mix all ingredients together in large mixing bowl. (only half of the skim mozz cheese and 1/4 cup of substitute egg).

 
Once mixed pour in baking dish.
Let bake on 375' for about 30 to 35 mins. My parents came to town so I didn't really time it. Just make sure the chicken is cooked. I did this by sticking a knife in the middle and cutting a piece of the chicken. If ready add the rest of your cheese and let bake until melted on top.

 
I then let cool! Once cooled I put some in my Tupperware for lunch today. But first I tried it and it pretty tasting.

 
I already feel better knowing I have my healthy lunches for the rest of the week. This girl is taking action and ready to see more of a change then what I have already seen! If you would like to join us let me know, it's never to late to make the change. It has been the best decision of my life, well other then saying yes to my soulmate. (sorry had to throw that out there, I'M GETTING MARRIED SOON)
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment