Monday, May 12, 2014

Weekend Shenanigans & Sunday Food Prep Day

Friday during my lunch break I went to Earth Fare for the first time and oh my goodness it was food heaven for me. Everything was so fresh and clean. I know me saying clean is weird for grocery stores but some grocery stores I can't even go in to because they just gross me out. Another thing I really liked is they have their own juice bar so I forsee me going during lunches and trying out all the different juices and of course the salad bar. But while I was there I picked up some Raw Organic Rice Protein. I am basically beginning my 30 days before the wedding cleanse today so this stuff is perfect for my after workout smoothies.
 
 
 
But now to the weekend. I woke up bright and early Saturday morning and the fiance and I headed to our favorite little French Cafe for Breakfast. I love sitting at the bar area because you get to watch crapes being made while you eat. I stick with the same breakfast. Egg omelet with sun dried tomatoes, spinach and turkey sausage with a side of fruit.
 


 
After breakfast we did a little shopping for Mother's Day then met up with the rest of the family.
 
I  thoroughly loved hanging out with this little feller all weekend.
 
 
This is what I call real man talk.

 
As you know Sunday is always kind of my one day of the week where I do all my grocery shopping, cooking and really just having me time. So this Sunday was no different .
 
Since I am beginning my 30 day cleanse I knew I needed to pick up plenty of fruit and veggies.
 
My Grocery List
Kale
Spinach
Green left lettuce
Strawberries
Blueberries
Apples
Bananas
Red Pepper
Lemon
Orange
Detox Tea
Unsweetened Almond Milk
Balsamic Vinaigrette
Carrots
Shrimp
Chicken (to be baked or grilled)

 
After my food prep, I had built up an appetite so I made me a yummy salad. I used some leftover ham from our Mothers Day dinner and toped it with yogurt dressing (40 cals 2tbsp) and siracha

 
Once it was time for bed I went to set my alarm and realized I was setting it much earlier then I have been lately and I got excited because I knew that working out in the morning makes me feel great the rest of the day.

 
 
My Morning Workout
Since I have been a slacker lately I started back with a workout that I knew wouldn't kill me.
 
Jogged 1 mile on the treadmill
30 sec plank
10 push ups
10 supermans
10 kettle ball swings
30 sit ups
30 mountain climbers
30 cafe raises
30 sec plank
10 push ups
30 sit ups
10 minutes on the bike on fat burner.
 
Hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day and will follow my 30 Day Cleanse.
 
 
Day1:
M1: morning smoothies (1/2 cup fresh fruit, unsweetened almond milk, spinach, 1 tbsp flax seed, 1 scoop protein, ice)
M2: Handful of strawberries
M3: Lettuce wraps with red peppers and shrimp (I cooked both in siracha) and Veggies with 2 tbs of hummus
M4: Green juice (almond milk, kale, spinach, apple)
M5: Side salad with grilled chicken, asparagus and brussel sprouts

No comments:

Post a Comment