Thursday, August 14, 2014

Meatballs, Meatballs, Who Wants Meatballs?

So I am pretty excited for this post because I finally created a healthy meatball that stays together. My husband loves Salisbury streak so I decided to create something like that instead of your typical meatballs and pasta.
 
What you will need for the balls:
lean ground beef
1/2 cup of oats
2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
2 tbsp. Worcestershire
salt and pepper
 
What you will need for the sauce:
1 1/4 cups of fat free beef broth
2 tbsp. Worcestershire
1 medium onion
handful of mushrooms
1/4 cup greek yogurt
1 pinch of wheat flour  
 
Mix all ingredients for the meatballs together in a large mixing bowl and then roll into balls
 
 
I then chopped my onions and mushrooms and set aside.

 
In a large skillet I then browned my meatballs. Make sure they are brown all over. I then removed and set aside.

 
In the same skillet I added my onions and mushrooms.
I let them cook for about 5 minutes.

 
I then added the rest of the ingredients for the sauce and let cook for another 5 minutes.

 
I then threw in the meatballs. And let cook for about 10 to 15 minutes. Like I have said I don't really go by time. I let cook until the center of the meatballs were brown.

 
While they cooked I prepared mashed potatoes for the husband and spaghetti squash for me.

 
Once everything was ready I prepared our plates. Let's EAT!!

 
Tomorrow I will be sharing my skinny spinach and artichoke dip. Get ready it's a tasty one!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment