Friday, August 15, 2014

Dips Make the Party

 
There is nothing that beats a good dip at a party. There are so many types of dips like your buffalo chicken, 7 layer, French onion, nacho, I could go on and on but my favorite is spinach artichoke dip. But you can probably figure out on your own it’s not by any means healthy. So I decided to try to create a skinny version. Boy was I glad I did, pretty sure the husband was to.
 
What you will need:
Frozen spinach (drained)
1 small jar of artichokes
2 garlic cloves (minced)
1 small package of fat free cream cheese
½ cup of greek yogurt
Handful of parmesan cheese
skim mozzarella cheese (handful for filling) (sprinkle on top)
 
Start  by mixing all of your ingredients together and preheat your oven to 350’
 
Once mixed pour into medium sized baking dish.

 
Then sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top and put back in the oven and let cook for about 10 more minutes or until cheese is slightly browned on top.
 
 
Then let cool. WARNING, it will be super hot. Coming from the girl who completely burned the top of her mouth.
 

I then used the Special K Sea Salt chips to dip. The great thing about these is that you can have 30 chips for only 110 calories. They have all different flavors and are definitely my go to snack when I need something chunky.

 
I am so excited about this weekend. I will be getting plenty of Aunt Mel time, sunshine and good quality time with family and friends. HAPPY FRIDAY FRIENDS!

No comments:

Post a Comment