Friday, April 19, 2013

Spring is finally here and summer is just around the corner. What does that mean? Outdoor Activites!!
 
There are a lot of things that you can do to keep in shape and still have fun outdoors.

So here is just a few of my favorite ideas!

1. Pool Fun
For those of us that don't like swimming laps, try mixing it up with a pool volleyball game. (believe me it's a workout, especially if you get the guys to join in)

2. Hiking

Now if you know me you know  I am not much of a hiker. I am getting better at trying to enjoy it but it is still hard. But there are trails in every town that are not hard and sometimes it's good to just get out on them to clear your mind.

3. Join a softball or kickball league
I have been wanting to do this for years. I have seen friends do it in the past and it just looks like so much fun. Not only do you get good exercise but you get a good tan too. ( just make you don't get to much of a farmer's tan)

4. Bike Riding
This year I have asked for a bike for my birthday. I have never been much of a biker rider but I want one of those vintage bikes that I can do some leisure bike riding. Nothing like my dad who does 100 mile bike rides all the time. That is what I call just plain nuts :)!

5. Skiing/ Knee boarding
I think I like going to the lake more than the beach because it isn't as crowded, you have your own little area, no salt water, and no sand. I grew up going to the lake and you would think I would be a great skier by now but nope I am horrible but at least I can knee board and tube. Those aren't as hard to get up on, obviously. Now when you do all of these all day you wake up the next morning feeling sore, so you have to know what a good workout that is.

So here you go, I would pick at least one of these things to do weekly so you won't be stuck inside  that stinky, sweaty gym while it is beautiful outside. This way you get to enjoy two things at once, getting fit and the beautiful weather.


Day 81:
Breakfast: 2 hard boiled eggs and skim string cheese'
Snack: pistachios
Lunch: chicken spaghetti squash
Snack: non fat yogurt
Dinner: spahetti squash again ( I tell you, I could eat it for every meal)

19 days no diet mountain dew

42days


No comments:

Post a Comment