Friday, May 10, 2013

Face It.....

everyone knows that these days food has taken over many people's life's. In the US alone (known around the world as the fat people country) obesity rates have more than doubled in adults and children since the 1970's. I personally think it's because 1. many meals are replaced with fast food 2. children are lazy and would rather be inside playing their games then outside building a fort or riding their bike. I know that when I was younger when I got home from school, we would have a snack and then go outside and play. Growing up we were always active and my parents both taught us the importance of a healthy diet. Now this isn't saying I was a health freak. I loved food, I always wanted to eat more. But I had my mother that would have to restrict me and boy I am thankful now. Some kids are not as lucky as I was, some parents will just give their kids food to just keep them quite. Child obesity has gotten out of control and most the time it leads to adult obesity. I found this article that I think everyone should read because this is a problem that everyone needs to address. Hopefully this will lead at least one person to making the life changing decision of a healthy lifestyle.


Adults

 Among Americans age 20 and older, 154.7 million are overweight or obese (BMI of 25.0 kg/m2 and

higher): 79.9 million men, 74.8 million women. Of these, 78.4 million are obese (BMI of 30.0

kg/m2 and higher):- 36.8 million men, 41.6 million women.  Among Americans age 20 and older, the following

are overweight or obese (BMI of 25.0 and higher):  For non-Hispanic whites, 73.1 percent of men and

60.2 percent of women. For non-Hispanic blacks, 68.7 percent of men and 79.9 percent of women.

- For Mexican Americans, 81.3 percent of men and 78.2 percent of women.

Of these, the following are obese (BMI of 30.0 and higher):

- For non-Hispanic whites, 33.8 percent of men and 32.5 percent of women.

- For non-Hispanic blacks, 37.9 percent of men and 53.9 percent of women.

- For Mexican Americans, 36.0 percent of men and 44.8 percent of women.

©2013 American Heart Association, Inc. All rights reserved. Unauthorized use prohibited.

Source: National Health Examination Survey: 1960-1962; National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey: 1971-1974,

1979-1980, 1988-1994, 1999-2002, and 2007-2010; Data derived from Health, United States, 2011 (National Center for

Health Statistics).

Costs

The total excess cost related to the current prevalence of adolescent overweight and obesity is estimated

to be $254 billion ($208 billion in lost productivity secondary to premature morbidity and mortally and $46 billion in direct medical costs).

If current trends in the growth of obesity continue, total health care costs attributable to obesity could

reach $861 to $957 billion by 2030, which would account for 16% to 18% of US health expenditures.
I think this is one of my most important posts because so many people deal with this on a daily basis. Now I wasn't born skinny, I sometimes like to say I am big boned, but in reality I just like food. Over the past 98 days I have completely changed my eating habits. I no longer look at food the way I used to. Let me tell you if I can do it anyone can do it. It is so worth it because not only do I have more energy, my skin has gotten healthier, my clothes look and fit better, it has overall made me a happier person. So why don't you make the change, I guarantee you won't regret it.
Now this weekend I am going to Waynesville for my brother's fiance's college graduation and of course for Mother's Day.  I am very thankful for the mother I was blessed with and I  hope everyone has a safe and wonderful Mother's Day weekend and let all the mother's out there know how thankful you are for them.

Day 98:
Breakfast: 2 hard boiled eggs and 1 banana
Snack: plain turkey hot dog (no bun)
Lunch: Salad for Champians
Snack: edamame
Dinner:  grilled chicken salad


40 days no diet mountain dew

21 days till ultimate goal

My allerges were killing me last night so I didn't get the chace to work out. (will make up for it)








No comments:

Post a Comment