Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Turkey Sausage & Broccoli Alfredo

Growing up I was never a fan of any type of Alfredo which is a good thing because it is very high in fat. Now that I have gotten older my taste buds have changed, I have had Alfredo a few times and didn't hate it. So I thought I would make a recipe for all those Alfredo lovers out there who don't want to expand their waistline.
 
What you will need
1/2 cup skim milk
2 teaspoons of olive oil
1 cup of fat free chicken broth
1 package of fat free greek yogurt
2 cloves of minced garlic
1 package of frozen broccoli
turkey sausage ( I used 1 1/2 links)
1/2 cup of paramsean cheese
parmasean cheese to top
a squirt of sriracha hot sauce
salt and pepper
spaghetti squash
 
 
Start by cooking your turkey sausage first and then set aside
Go ahead and put your squash in the oven (350')

 
Then cook your minced garlic first on high for about 2 minutes (or until you can smell)
Then add your cup of broth and stir in with garlic
Cook for about 3 minutes
Then add package of greek yogurt and skim milk and stir together on high for about 3 minutes ( or until mixed)
Once mixed turn down to medium and add sausage and broccoli
Then cover and cook for about 15 minutes
Check occasionally and stir.
 
 
Once squash is cooked add to mixture.
Add let cook on low.
Once the juices have mostly soaked up you can,

 
serve! I plan to eat this for lunch for a couple of days so I put it in containers that I can grab  in the morning and be on my way. Fast and easy!

 
 
 
Day 102:
Breakfast: 2 eggs with turkey sausage
Snack: Apple Delight On The Go (step by step recipe tomorrow)
Lunch: Turkey Sausage & Broccoli Alfredo
Snack: 1 ounce of mixed nuts
Dinner: Salmon melt (canned Salmon, reduced fat cheese, 1 egg, sriracha hot sauce)
 
44 days no diet mountain dew
 
17 days till ultimate goal

No comments:

Post a Comment